More purchases

I like the first album best, then 5150 and 1984 about on par. I think I like 1984 a bit better. Just has that VH flair with Roth hehe.

Speaking of more purchases today I bought an ex-rental copy of Savage Weekend, a 1980 b-grade horror flick. Will watch it tonight hehe.

'80s horror :headbang:

But there is nothing like 80's horror all that cliches and just pure stupidity is what is so good about it all.Just take a look at Friday The 13th this one was a classic all it's sequels were good but no where near as good.Nightmare On Elm Street fantastic again the only sequel that was as good as the first was the Dream Warriors one. Long live many things from the 80's.
I shall be watching the Perfect Match thing this Sunday what a classic 80's show that was.

Originally posted by JonBonJovi
Nightmare On Elm Street fantastic again the only sequel that was as good as the first was the Dream Warriors one. Long live many things from the 80's.

I agree! Nightmare 3 was the only good sequel, except for that "Wes Craven's New Nightmare" one coz that was really clever! The original is a CLASSIC though.

The great thing about '80s horror isn't that it's meant to scare me, they just rock! They are fun. Gratituous violence and nudity, bad one liners, hard rock soundtracks half the time.... they rock!

What did all you horror buffs think of that "Freddy's Nightmares" TV series? Something else I really should have watched, but didn't :cry:.

Robert Englund (AKA Mr Kreuger himself) was in Charmed earlier this season as a demon who kidnapped young ladies so he could shrink them down and turn them into dolls. Great idea, but not as scary as it could have been. That's true of most Charmed episodes though...

W

I haven't seen the Freddy's Nightmares TV series but I've seen the videos around.

Spiff: Demons is one of the best horror flicks ever! :zombie: :worship:

Question: Is 'Demons' a fairly new film, or is it 80s horror?? I have seen a movie in the newer releases section of my local video store called 'Demons', and was just wondering if its the same one...

From what I remember, 'Freddy's Nightmares' was ok, but I don't remember much of it, just that it was alright. My brother has just bought the 'Nightmare on Elm Street' DVD box-set with all the films in it, with lots of bonus shit. I will have to sit and watch them all again. I remember liking part 4 almost as much as part 3..

The Freddy's nightmares I felt were more pathetic than The Crow tv series. Very bland and stupid no real classic Elm Street stuff in it.
Charmed rocks I remember that episode.This weeks episode of Charmed is one that could have been a 2 part episode I felt. Damn them they are the charmed ones and one of them is maried to their white lighter...how stupid are they "Cole is evil again" seems the only one with a clue is the delightful Paige.

I didn't mind The Crow tv series, but it was nothing on the movies. Anyone else seen the third movie, 'The Crow: Salvation'?? I thought it was great, almost as good as the first.

Charmed is pathetic. The first season wasn't too bad, and then it just went down hill so fast. I can't even watch an add for the show without cringing, let alone an episode...

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg
You are really addicted to that shi...I mean, show!? :eek: ;)

Ahh well, each to their own....while I have been on holidays, I have been finding myself tuning in to 'Ripleys Believe it or Not' everyday! :D

that was on the TV when I was at the video store...hmmmm not much mind power needed for that show.:lol:

Blitz, I just watch Charmed for the eye candy ;). To get my vote as a truly great TV series, they need to brush up their demonology and go in a *much* darker direction. Witchcraft has been reinvented lately as a "nice" belief system about nature and female empowerment, but the ancient Greeks were terrified of the Witches of Thessaly, probably for very good reasons.

W

I tend to agree with you Wrathy.Witchcraft has been turned into all this cutesy crap and it is all nice etc etc allthanks to Hollywood over the last few years.They seem to only brush on the edges of all the stuff they decide to cover and not to really reearch it all properly.This greatly pisses me off as it ain't something to play with in your spare time for the sake of being trendy or cool.:eek: