Recent purchases

SODMOD

Fist Banging Maniac
Oct 30, 2003
Netherlands
www.sod-mod.com
I bought 3 new cd's last Friday and I like 'em all:

Exodus - Shovel Headed Kill Machine; a killer cd. It's with an almost completely new line-up, but it still sounds like Exodus. And to be honest, I like the new vocalist beter than Zetro. A great CD.

Municipal Waste - Hazardous Mutation; old school thrash. The voice of the vocalist sometimes reminds me of the singers if DRI and Nuclear Assault. Also a CD that I will definately play a lot the next weeks.

Soulfly - Dark Ages; back to the future with Max... There are more faster songs and fast parts on this album again. I am a fan of Sepultura's 'Beneath The Remains' and I absolutely don't like 'Roots'. This Soulfly album is somewhere in between there, the best Soulfly album until now IMO. And Billy Milano does some guestvocals on 'Molotov', one of the faster (hardcore) tracks of this album.

What are your recent purchases?

hmm, my last purchases are as follows:

Absurd : Raubritter
Minas Tirith : Dissertation Prophetae
Windir : Valfar, Ein Windir

and somehow there is the new Devilddriver CD in my house. I saw it sitting on my kitchen table. I have no idea where it came from though :/

I have bought quite a few cds last month these are the ones that I remember

Callisto-True Nature Unfolds
^Killer band on Earache^
Tool bootleg dvd- Live at the Glasshouse
Mystick Krewe of Clearlight- S/T
^Jimmy Bower's jam band^Saw em a long time ago with Clutch. They are pretty kickass
Uphill Battle- Wreck of Nerves
The Red Chord-Clients
The Forsaken-Traces of the Past
The Forsaken-Manifest of Hate
The Forsaken-Art of Desolation
Eyehategod-Preaching the End Time Message
Weedeater-And Justice for Yall
Acid Bath-When the Kite String Pops
Red Sparowes-At the Soundless Dawn
Pelican-The Fire in our Throats will Beckon the Thaw

for Madball nothing comes close to Set it Off

how is that new Death Threat?

is it better than "For God and Government"?

I liked the EP and Peace and Security, basically everthing w/ CJ in the band but the more punk stuff I wasnt into

SODMOD said:
That EP was released a while ago. Recently Madball released a new CD called 'Legacy'. That's one of my favorite albums of 2005 at this moment....

i know it was released a while ago, and i already heard legacy, i didnt care for it, i didnt like hold it down either....to JLJ, SET IT OFF was tits, but DMS was the best in my opinion. also, i heard for god and goverment a while ago but dont own it, but the new one is pretty fuckin good.

ive been on a huge SKARHEAD kick lately.

I actually just bought that dvd today off of Amazon also. I just kept forgetting to buy it when I had the cash. I know I will get some shit for this one but I just bought the new Chimaira album last week. My buddy burnt it for me because he raved so much about the cd. I am not a fan of the old shit but this new cd is pretty fucking killer. Since listening to the burnt cd so much I just threw it out and bought that album and a drum dvd by Chimaira's new drummer Kevin Talley. I can't wait to see it because that dude beats the shit out of the skins on their new cd. Dying Fetus is pretty cool too.