Discuss Recent Purchases

Pabla

The Devil Wears Maiden
Apr 18, 2004
LA
As a CD collector myself I always enjoy listing my most recent purchases and discussing them. It's also a cool way to get "recommendations" and be able to check out diff kinds of music... :headbang:

Gaunerin said:
I'm afraid I haven't bought anything in a while...........what's wrong with me? :eek:

Ouch!

Well, since I made this thread I have probably purchased over 50 CD's ... I am not about to go hunting titles right now :err: so I'll start with what I got this weekend:

Metal Church-S/t
Helloween-Rabbit don't come easy (I got into Helloween only a few months ago, never gave them a chance before as I dislike Kiske's vocals)
God Forbid-Gone Forever

I just got a cd in the mail by a band Called 'Wicked Maraya" the album "Cycles" its actually a album I have been meaning to get for like 10 years ... They're sound is a bit hard to describe its Proggy Powermetal but not like typical the Vocals at times sound like Eric Adams(Manowar) and the music actually reminds me of Symphorce at moments The first half of the cd isnt all that great but it picks up and Kicks ass on the home strech :) .... I have more coming in the mail too .. "Strip Mind-Whats in your mouth" and "Morgana Lefay-The Secret Doctrine"

I stopped purchasing CD's. I am sick of them getting scratched all the time. I just DL everything off the internet. HAHAHAHAHA

I have started to collect vinyl now so that's my way of supporting the bands. If they don't release vinyl for the album I might by the CD then or just get some band shirts.

JonnyD said:
I just got a cd in the mail by a band Called 'Wicked Maraya" the album "Cycles" its actually a album I have been meaning to get for like 10 years ... They're sound is a bit hard to describe its Proggy Powermetal but not like typical the Vocals at times sound like Eric Adams(Manowar) and the music actually reminds me of Symphorce at moments The first half of the cd isnt all that great but it picks up and Kicks ass on the home strech :) .... I have more coming in the mail too .. "Strip Mind-Whats in your mouth" and "Morgana Lefay-The Secret Doctrine"

If it reminds you of Symphorce it MUST be good :heh:

Out of the few MF albums I have "The Secret Doctrine" is my fav album :kickass:

nataservant said:
I stopped purchasing CD's. I am sick of them getting scratched all the time. I just DL everything off the internet. HAHAHAHAHA

I have started to collect vinyl now so that's my way of supporting the bands. If they don't release vinyl for the album I might by the CD then or just get some band shirts.

Take better care of your CD's... they do come in jewel cases after all :loco:
On the other hand Vinyl are cool, I collect the mini ones and also the limited edition/special edition ones when I can. It's cool though that you keep supporting the bands you like in that way. Myself, I just gotta have the artwork, liner notes etc...

Also, recently I got the new Nightwish... I must say that I like "Century Child" much better... not too impressed with the new one, I know a lot of people love this latest release, but I think it's just "too overdone".

Pabla said:
If it reminds you of Symphorce it MUST be good :heh:

Out of the few MF albums I have "The Secret Doctrine" is my fav album :kickass:
I have only Heard one song off of Secret Doctrine "Cold World" Killer Killer tune!!!! I have wanted since I first heard it back in '94 but I kinda lost track of it .... They're "S.O.S." album is pretty good too :)

Gaunerin said:
newest disc I got was Fates Warning's latest album "FWX"
not entirely happy with everything on it but still quite good.
I picked that up last week .... I still dont know if I like it theres nothing that really Grabs me yet... Maybe with some time it will grow on me, though at the excellent price of $10 bucks(US) I cant complain to much:D

JonnyD said:
I have only Heard one song off of Secret Doctrine "Cold World" Killer Killer tune!!!! I have wanted since I first heard it back in '94 but I kinda lost track of it .... They're "S.O.S." album is pretty good too :)

:dopey: that's a long time! Didn't know you were such an old geezer :tickled: j/k of course! I love the whole SD album, a favorite is "alley of the oaks" :headbang: I also have "Knowing just as I" haven't played that in a while, will have to now.

I am a bit torn about picking up the new FW album as I never was a HUGE fan, but rather an "occasional" fan of certain songs... and it has been getting very mixed reviews!

Ah! Yesterday I ordered from The End:

Nightingale-Invisible (Had forgotten this was already out!)
Nightingale-The Breathing Shadow (I love this group, this was the only album I was missing besides the new one)
Yep, Nightingale collection completed :heh:

Pabla said:
:dopey: that's a long time! Didn't know you were such an old geezer :tickled: j/k of course! I love the whole SD album, a favorite is "alley of the oaks" :headbang: I also have "Knowing just as I" haven't played that in a while, will have to now.
Ofcourse you know if I were a Old Geezer you would be a Old Bat :) .... I will Let you know my thoughts on SD when I get it.

Pabla said:
I am a bit torn about picking up the new FW album as I never was a HUGE fan, but rather an "occasional" fan of certain songs... and it has been getting very mixed reviews!

Ah! Yesterday I ordered from The End:

Nightingale-Invisible (Had forgotten this was already out!)
Nightingale-The Breathing Shadow (I love this group, this was the only album I was missing besides the new one)
Yep, Nightingale collection completed :heh:

I'm still not sure if I like it ... its so .. slow lol ... I Just Ordered the Very First Into Eternity album with that I will have them all ...I'm Still Kicking myself for Missing them at PPV

JonnyD said:
I'm still not sure if I like it ... its so .. slow lol ... I Just Ordered the Very First Into Eternity album with that I will have them all ...I'm Still Kicking myself for Missing them at PPV

:err: old bat hey? :lol:
You know I pretty much missed all the bands with the exception of Brainstorm, Tad Morose and saw some of Edguy :loco:

Ah yes! I ordered from Amazon:
Biomechanical "Eight Moons"
And yesterday I went to Towerrecords on the Sunset Strip (they have a pretty decent selection of metal) and got:

My Dying Bride: The Angel and the Dark River (Bonus Tracks)
My Dying Bride: The dreadful hours

AND!!!!!!!

:D I bought a toy there.... a special one :dopey: >>>>
Somewhere in Time Eddie head knocker... he is gorgeous! :worship:

Pabla said:
:err: old bat hey? :lol:
:D :wave:

Pabla said:
You know I pretty much missed all the bands with the exception of Brainstorm, Tad Morose and saw some of Edguy :loco:
I missed Into Eternity,Kamelot and POS ... I met Kamelots Bass player at the Grenada Friday night I had no Idea who he was, He asked me where I was from and I told him and he got all pysched cause he goes Sking in Vermont ofcourse I dont Ski so I Kinda gave him the "yeah Big Fuckin Deal alot of ppl ski in Vermont Dude" look and then he Bummed a Dollar off of me for a coke ... sorry I had to tell that story :D

Pabla said:
Ah yes! I ordered from Amazon:
Biomechanical "Eight Moons"
And yesterday I went to Towerrecords on the Sunset Strip (they have a pretty decent selection of metal) and got:

My Dying Bride: The Angel and the Dark River (Bonus Tracks)
My Dying Bride: The dreadful hours

AND!!!!!!!

:D I bought a toy there.... a special one :dopey: >>>>
Somewhere in Time Eddie head knocker... he is gorgeous! :worship:
Sounds like you buy Cds like my Buddy and I do :headbang: ... What the Hell is a Head knocker?

32_1_b.JPG

This is what I was talking about JD :heh:

Thats pretty damn cool Pabla! how big is it in actual size?

I got my Morgana Lefay - Secret Doctrine cd Yesterday :D That is a Fanmotherfuckingtastic album! ... and "State of Intoxication" is Hillarious! :) Great album ... it was worth every cent

JonnyD said:
Thats pretty damn cool Pabla! how big is it in actual size?

I got my Morgana Lefay - Secret Doctrine cd Yesterday :D That is a Fanmotherfuckingtastic album! ... and "State of Intoxication" is Hillarious! :) Great album ... it was worth every cent

Thanks! :D
It's 7 inches in height and varies in between 2-3 inches in width.

Ahhhh! Great, I knew you would love SD... it's great! :headbang: I am glad the band is back in business.

Recent purchases for me:

The Haunted-Revolver (Saw them play w/Shadows Fall Wednesday and they were rather good so I picked up the CD @ the venue) BTW, Damageplan was :ill: I did not get into them at all... no hooks or good riffs, everything sounded flat...so I left early as it was a work night anyway..

Wolf-Black Wings (got this as a gift actually this weekend :) ) I love it! It isn't as polished as their last one, but it's a bit more energetic!

Pabla said:
Thanks! :D
It's 7 inches in height and varies in between 2-3 inches in width.

Ahhhh! Great, I knew you would love SD... it's great! :headbang: I am glad the band is back in business.
lol thats cool! ... SD is Excellent! even better than S.O.S. ... I would love it if they could get ML and Symphorce at PP6!!! Twice Second is Still Kicking my ass and is becoming one of my Favorites for the year

Pabla said:
Recent purchases for me:

The Haunted-Revolver (Saw them play w/Shadows Fall Wednesday and they were rather good so I picked up the CD @ the venue) BTW, Damageplan was :ill: I did not get into them at all... no hooks or good riffs, everything sounded flat...so I left early as it was a work night anyway..

Wolf-Black Wings (got this as a gift actually this weekend :) ) I love it! It isn't as polished as their last one, but it's a bit more energetic!
I have heard like 3 The Haunted albums and 1 "At the Gates" album I still cant decide if I like them or not :erk: as for Damage Plan :yuk: arent they terrible I would have left early too :D

And Black Wings is an Excellent Cd!!!! I like it Much Better than Evil Star!!!