Discuss Recent Purchases

Gaunerin said:
both Morgana Lefay and Tad Morose are from the small town Bollnäs in Sweden, that's all :)

D'oh! I should have remembered that... but for some reason it didn't register right away... thanks! :)

JonnyD said:
OK! :D

its not alot but here goes

Blaze - As Live as it gets .....(Blaze Rules!)

Death - Live in LA

Damageplan - New Found Power

Pantera - Reinventing the Steel (Its Much better than I remember it being)

Savatage - Poets and Madmen (German Import that came in a Box with a poster and a sticker)

Yyrkoon - Dying Sun (Melodic-ish Thrash/Death metal with Shades of Black M and Into Eternity)

Lamb of God - Ashes of the Wake (Not bad ... but not as good as ppl told me it was .... they sound like they wish they were Pantera)

and I have coming in the Mail soon

Derek Sherinian - Black Utopia
and
Wuthering Heights - To Travel For Evermore (an interesting side note .. this album Features Kristen "Krille" Andren Fomer singer of Tad Morose on Vocals)

Thats it not much by my Normal standards but I am saving up for a new guitar so my Cd budget has suffered :loco:

That's a pretty nice haul! That Blaze live album is amazing.. another one I haven't listened to in a while! The sound on that recording kicks major ass! :headbang:
I also bought the Damageplan about a month ago, only listened to it once though... oyyyyy need TIME! :erk:
I have heard very mixed reviews about Lamb of God... some love it and others say it's lame... guess I gotta hear it myself and make a judgement!
Wuthering Heights is a bit "too much" for me... I like a little "folk" but, it's too strange :D

Ok... I promise I will post my haul for the past few weeks tonight.. once again my TIME is not my own :erk:

Plus, I gotta go through my collection as I can't remember it all off the top of my head... it's like 20 titles :lol:

Pabla said:
That's a pretty nice haul! That Blaze live album is amazing.. another one I haven't listened to in a while! The sound on that recording kicks major ass! :headbang:
I also bought the Damageplan about a month ago, only listened to it once though... oyyyyy need TIME! :erk:
I have heard very mixed reviews about Lamb of God... some love it and others say it's lame... guess I gotta hear it myself and make a judgement!
Wuthering Heights is a bit "too much" for me... I like a little "folk" but, it's too strange :D

Ok... I promise I will post my haul for the past few weeks tonight.. once again my TIME is not my own :erk:

Plus, I gotta go through my collection as I can't remember it all off the top of my head... it's like 20 titles :lol:
Live Blaze was a most Excellent addition to my collection :) ...Damageplan is ALOT better than I expected to an extent it has that Certain NU sound :ill: but after you dig into it man the power of Darrell and Vinnie shine through ... As for Wuthering .. those guys Blew me away at PPV so much so I bought their latest album as soon as they left the stage .... I'm not sure how much I will like the one thats coming I'm not a Huge fan of Kristian Andren's Voice and prefere the Hunchback they have now :loco: Take your time Pabla ...Im in no rush:D

I know how you like Devil Horns so Check out this Axe I just got! :)

AriaDevil.jpg

AriProIIDevil.jpg

AriaDevilHorn.jpg

AriaDevilBack.jpg

:OMG: that is a WICKED axe indeed JD! :dopey: I want one even though I cannot play it :lol:

I will.. That is the only V albums I have, but my friend let me borrow The Focusing Blur, and its very good. I also have Borknagar - Epic with V on vocals, another amazing album!

waynis said:
I will.. That is the only V albums I have, but my friend let me borrow The Focusing Blur, and its very good. I also have Borknagar - Epic with V on vocals, another amazing album!

So is Borknagar - Empiricism its definetly worth picking up ... The Swedish Language Vintersorg albums are great too and so is Otyg I have yet to hear Fission but I'm sure its great! the only V album I would say to use caution with is Havayoth - His Creation Reversed ... Not that its a bad album but its just verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry mellow not one Growl in the course of 10 songs its very Gothy

I just bought the new Usurper, Cryptobeast. It kicks ass. All of their material is awesome. I also recently bought Olympos Mons - Conquistador, and I really like it too. It's a European sounding power metal even though the members are out of Ohio. I bought the latest Saxon release as well. That's a pretty good cd with some really good songs even though I don't like all of them. Mnemic's - Audio Injected Soul is an awesome FearFactory/Meshuggah sounding disc. I recommend that for any fans of that style.

I had a MUCH larger end records order but to stay on time for paying off my final school loan and keeping money for 3 different metal fests this year, I made the following haul:

end records:

ENTOMBED - Inferno/Averno (2CD)
SYMPHORCE - Twice Second (digi w/2 bonus
ENSLAVED - Isa
PRIMORDIAL - The Gathering Wilderness
KORPIKLAANI - Voice Of Wilderness

cdinzane:
Therion: the latest 2 cd digi(can't remember the name due to being tiredo_O )
Manticora- their latest cd

Heres a Haul list from the last month or so

Tad Morose - A Mended Rhyme

Rhapsody - Symphony of Enchanted Lands II

Jag Panzer - Casting the Stones

Skyfire - Spectral

Pantera - Cowboys from Hell

Galactic Cowboys - Machine Fish
Galactic Cowboys - Feel the Rage
Galactic Cowboys - The Horse that Bud Bought
Galactic Cowboys - At the End of the Day
Galactic Cowboys - Let it Go

Crunchy - Clown School Dropout

James Murphy - Convergence
James Murphy - Feeding the Machine

:D :headbang:

You guys don't mess around! Wicked hauls and welcome to all the new faces/nicks! :heh:

Well, I have been threatening to post my stuff... I'll post the most recent as I can't remember all the other stuff :oops:

1st off Iron Maiden The Trooper/Piece of Mind lunchbox (waiting for the POM and SIT Eddie action figure :dopey: )
Finally found at Towerrecords 2 Sabbath CD's I had been looking for!
Headless Cross
The Eternal Idol

got the new Kreator... :OMG: kicks major ass!
Shadows Fall-The art of balance
Scorpions-Big City Nights... :err: I know another old compilation.. but I got it for like $5 :D
Def Leppard-Vault, greatest hits :oops:
the new Soilwork
Soilwork-Figure number 5
:ill: and the rest I gotta look up!

WurdupWudup said:
I just bought the new Usurper, Cryptobeast. It kicks ass. All of their material is awesome. I also recently bought Olympos Mons - Conquistador, and I really like it too. It's a European sounding power metal even though the members are out of Ohio. I bought the latest Saxon release as well. That's a pretty good cd with some really good songs even though I don't like all of them. Mnemic's - Audio Injected Soul is an awesome FearFactory/Meshuggah sounding disc. I recommend that for any fans of that style.

Few bands there I have never heard of... any other details?