Recent CD Purchases?

korruption

Amateur Dentist
May 13, 2002
Canada
List your latest few purchases (or more, it's up to you) here! :kickass:

• Devin Townsend - Infinity
    Glad it isn't just amazing artwork that graces this album *cough*, this is some masterful shit! Still haven't reached the "full appreciation" stage yet for the music. Still, no Devy fan should be without this!
  • Metallica - Death Magnetic
    Yes I know, the sound's compressed to shit and Lar$ deserves to have his drumsticks burned and shoved up his ass, still--to me--a solid album though. I think this is as much a "return to form" that these old farts are capable of making! :headbang:

Next purchase: Dream Theater - When Dream and Day Unite
- I've been putting off the purchase of this one for years. I actually really like the vocals too. Aside from this album, I've bought more than enough Dream Theater albums and I really just find them extremely boring and monotonous.

so far this year...

Seventh Wonder - Waiting In The Wings
Brainstorm - Downburst (ltd.ed. jakebox)
Avantasia - The Scarecrow (digibook w/DVD)
Armory - The Dawn Of Enlightenment
Firewind - The Premonition
Angel Of Eden - The End Of Never
Power Quest - Master Of Illusion
Pyramaze - Immortal
Kiuas - The New Dark Age
Crystallion - Hattin
Seventh Wonder - Mercy Falls (ltd.ed. w/DVD)
Iced Earth - The Crucible Of Man (digipak)
Serenity - Fallen Sanctuary (ltd.ed. digipak)
Amon Amarth - With Oden On Our Side (digipak)
Iced Earth - Days Of Purgatory (ltd.ed. digipak)

Went on a spending spree in September, so I have to not buy anything this month!

Metallica - Death Magnetic
Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man
Into Eternity - The Incurable Tragedy
Bloodbath - Breeding Death EP
Bloodbath - Resurrection Through Carnage
Bloodbath - Nightmares Made Flesh
Poisonblack - A Dead Heavy Day
Within Temptation - Black Symphony CD/DVD
Evergrey - Torn
Darkane - Layers of Lies
Candlemass - Essential Doom CD/DVD

Pyramaze- Immortal
Communic- Payment of Existence
Manitou- Deadlock
Candlebox- Greatest Hits (and soon-Live in Seattle DVD and latest CD Into The Sun)

The latest are:

Metallica - Death Magnetic
Seventh Wonder - Mercy Falls (ltd. edition)
Suspyre - When Time Fades
Avian - Ashes and Madness

Next one will be the new AC/DC

Well, my list is not very diversified, but here we go:

• Tad Morose - Modus Vivendi
  • Tad Morose - Matters Of The Dark
  • Tad Morose - Undead
  • Tad Morose - A Mended Rhyme
  • Bloodbound - Nosferatu
  • Amon Amarth - Twilight Of The Thunder God

:kickass:
Criss

'Avian - Ashes and Madness' is on my wish list. I think the first album of Avian 'From the Depths of Time' is really good, so i'm very curious how this one has turned out...

When Dream and Day Unite came today. Great stuff! Although it looks like lasercd.com found it used at a gas station bin as I was spared the trouble of removing any plastic from the case and it had a subtle "Classic Rock" sticker on it. I also noticed that the song listing had 'side one' and 'side two'... Err? Guess they just took the back of a cassette booklet and blew it up.

Just bought: Serenity - Fallen Sanctuary

Fucking brilliant album. Being a musician with a lot of songs under my belt, and having listened to a lot of metal, it's hard for me to find something that really makes me go "wow" these days. but Serenity's new album is over the top well written and well played symphonic metal.

:devil:

I only bought a few, recently.
Persuader - When Eden Burns
Tad Morose - Modus Vivendi
Zero Hour - Metamorphosis, and A Fragile Mind
Dream Theater - Octavarium

I want Iced Earth's New albums. I haven't gotten around to ordering them, yet.

I want Iced Earth's New albums. I haven't gotten around to ordering them, yet.

Actually it might be wise to wait until they release the Something Wicked boxset as it should include both albums--remastered and the first one being "Barlowised", a live DVD, and four additional songs for "The Crucible of Man".

That is, if you're feeling patient. :D

I just recieved "Ravenheart - Valley of the Damned", yesterday. It's just your average symphonic melodic mighty mighty dragonslaying riding-through fire cause it's desire, run-of-the-mill, type of metal. The lyrics are almost as laughably awful as any "Iron Savior" release, contains absolutely no originality whatsoever, and a lot of Dragonforce fans will shit on them for the album's title.

And I like it! :headbang: Good job, guys! :D

Oh and one definite plus is that there's no narration. :)

Evergrey_-_Torn.jpg

Evergrey - Torn (Limited Edition gatefold digi-pak w/ Bonus Track limited to the first 6000 albums pressed)