Recent CD Purchases?

Just got Soilwork - The Early Chapters

Interesting look into the early beginnings of the band. The two unique songs (not covers) certainly hearken to the sound that would appear on Steelbath Suicide. Good stuff.

Silent Edge - The Eyes of the Shadow

This one is still growing on me to be honest but it has about 3 or 4 epic songs about 8+ minutes, the song "Savage Symphony" is brilliant and catchy, and very neo-classical (as if the title didn't give that away). I've been listening to the internet radio station play it and tease me for years but I haven't until now shown much determination in aquiring some of the songs and sampling them.

The guitar tone is stomping and the singer--Willem Verwoert--is pretty good; not a huge favourite but I'd say he sounds like a combination of David Readman, Mick Jagger, and Tony Kakko. Usually singing is the one huge factor that makes an album for me but he pulls it off well.

As for torrents and mp3s of the album, they are insanely rare and difficult to find but for me, it was worth the search. I ended up going to a site where you pay money up front and then download tracks for cheap. I'm not sure if it's frowned upon, but it did motivate me to purchase the CD so there's a positive conclusion. :D

Ah well I just got:

This is the stuff I've recently got my hands on mua ha ha ha:

Enslaved: Vertebrae (promo)

Testament: The Formation of Damnation (promo)

Jex Thoth: Jex Thoth (promo)

Subrosa: Strega (promo)

Fall of the Idols: The Seance (promo)

Nifelheim/Vulcano: Thunder Metal (split)

Eddy Antonini: When Water Became Ice (digi-pack)

Elenium: Caught in a Wheel (signed!!!)

And...

Elis: God's Silence, Devil's Temptation

This one is also signed... by Sabine Dünser too!!! o_O :headbang:

Best of all, I basically didn't pay for any of these CDs (only $4 for the first two promos :p ).

:headbang:

New Pyramaze is pretty good, I've got to buy it!

And this forum should have an "introduce yourself" thread :rolleyes: .

Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime

Yesterday I wanted to buy the new AC/DC album as a Christmas present and of course I had to take a look at some other releases as well, though I really didn't want to spend any money at all. But then I eventually saw Operation: Mindcrime... for only € 4,99! I know, shame on me that I didn't already own this masterpiece, but at this price it was quite easy to straighten out this 'mistake'. :)

And damn, what did I miss! This album rules! :headbang:

Drifter[SWE];7886078 said:
King Diamond - Them
King Diamond - Conspiracy
King Diamond - The Eye
Virgin Steele - The House of Atreus Act 1

King Diamond is great, especially those three albums and Abigail!

Two Pagan's Mind albums: "Celestial Entrance", and "God's Equation" (Osirus' Triumphant Return KICKS FUCKING ASS by the way).

Edit: Recieved "God's Equation" today and on my first playthrough. On "Atomic Firelight" at the moment. Thrashy! :D

So I'm still in my "collector's phase" for PM's CDs so to speak. My final objective: Obtain Enigmatic : Calling!!! Had to drop orders from 2 sites that claimed to have the fucking thing in stock, then only after placing the order do I find they have to backorder it. I'm too impatient and stupid for that. :D

Anyways I'm putting mymusic.com on my personal blacklist alongside Cdinzane. I think I found a source that actually has the forbidden gem though... One can hope...

Drifter[SWE];7886078 said:
King Diamond - Them
King Diamond - Conspiracy
King Diamond - The Eye
Virgin Steele - The House of Atreus Act 1

Get "Abigail" if you don't have it already...
I was just listening to it the other day...

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Get "Abigail" if you don't have it already...
I was just listening to it the other day...

Yeah, 'Abigail' is amazing! I was listening to 'House Of God' yesterday, another great album! I also read some raving reviews of his last albums, especially 'The Puppet Master'... guess I will check that one out soon!

At the moment I'm listening to 'Undead' of Tad Morose, awesome stuff on this album! :kickass:

Avantasia - The Scarecrow

Despite my dismay of Tobias' changes in singing style and trying too hard to sound like Jorn Lande, I found this album pretty enjoyable. I just have to wonder though... Why the fuck didn't they put the Extended version of "Lost in Space" with Michael Kiske on the album?? :err: