Recent CD Purchases?

Just bought Chickenfoot - Chickenfoot.
The new project of Sammy Hagar, Michael Anthony (both ex- Van Halen), Chad Smith (ex- Red Hot Chili Peppers) and Joe Satriani on guitars...not sure what to think of it yet, but it'll grow on me, i'm sure.

Therion - The Miskolc Experience (2CD/DVD)

1238748514_large.jpg

Ugh.... oh ugh ugh UGH... "TSO - Night Castle".... What a piece of SHIT! Especially considering the wait, so they could "perfect" it. Not a single original note on the entire album. The album stretched across 2 CDs is a royal pain in the ass too, on the back of the "special edition" package it lists all songs from 1 to 26, what they should have at least done is: Disc 1 - 1. Skip this track, it's a 5:46-long eternity. 2. Oh, how original... next!, 3. This singer fucking blows. 4. Oh god! The pain!!!, 5. Oooo, Jeff Scott Soto! The album's single faint glimmer of a saving grace... Then list all the tracks on Disc 2 from 1-13 like the first disc. And this fartfest was how long in the making again? I'd expect something better than the last Limp Bizkit album with that long of a delay. :puke: :erk:

This post was of course more of a rant for not sampling the album enough and pissing away my money so this is not an attack on anyone who likes the album, if there exists such people here, I envy you...

Oh and Amorphis - Skyforger. :)

P.S. Really though, where the fuck do they get off calling themselves "Orchestra"??? there are only rare instances during the course of the album where I don't hear a long, stretched out guitar riff that even I could play... :guh::yuk:

only $9 at lasercd.com, damn cheap!

I just ordered Manticora - 8 Deadly Sins from them yesterday, $9 also!!! That's a pretty generous price tag, and I've been thinking strongly about getting this album too.

So far, The Laser's Edge is the best site I've ordered from. Much faster than NEH Records, where I order from primarily.

However if anything, they should have a much broader selection of bands. :D

Ugh.... oh ugh ugh UGH... "TSO - Night Castle".... What a piece of SHIT! Especially considering the wait, so they could "perfect" it. Not a single original note on the entire album. The album stretched across 2 CDs is a royal pain in the ass too, on the back of the "special edition" package it lists all songs from 1 to 26, what they should have at least done is: Disc 1 - 1. Skip this track, it's a 5:46-long eternity. 2. Oh, how original... next!, 3. This singer fucking blows. 4. Oh god! The pain!!!, 5. Oooo, Jeff Scott Soto! The album's single faint glimmer of a saving grace... Then list all the tracks on Disc 2 from 1-13 like the first disc. And this fartfest was how long in the making again? I'd expect something better than the last Limp Bizkit album with that long of a delay. :puke: :erk:

This post was of course more of a rant for not sampling the album enough and pissing away my money so this is not an attack on anyone who likes the album, if there exists such people here, I envy you...

Oh, I did not care too much about TSO yet, I only know a few songs. But as Savatage is not going to release an album soon I thought about checking out that one. Guess I still will check it out once, but somehow I expect a little less now. Strange... ;)

• Slayer - World Painted Blood
    Typical new Slayer. No disappointments but how much longer can these guys go on? I heard rumors this was to be their final album, too.
  • The Arcane Order - In the Wake of Collisions
    Mmkay so I've been listening to a few tracks from this album for months before I found out I could order this CD from Amazon.co.uk... It arrived today and it's been jackhammering my fucking balls ever since!!!!! A monsterous masterpiece! I could listen to this fucker all day--which would be easy as it's way too short; around 48:38 or so.

I love Kasper's vocals too, I don't know how the guy is able to speak for a month after completing the album but damn he's unrelenting on this album!!!! I noticed he wrote all the lyrics too, which means either he's completely smashed when he writes for Raunchy, or most of the input is done by the other band members while their smashed also.
:headbang:

By the way:
I almost wish they went with a different name. "The Arcane Order" just sounds like some faggot guild from World of Suckcraft. :D

For Christmas I got the following CDs:

• Metallica - Garage Inc.
    Yes I actually asked for this. Mostly for the second disc. Pretty good despite being a Metallica album. :D
  • Royal Hunt - Collision Course
    Ugh whoa... pew! Well at least it has "Chaos A.C." on it... This album has the absolute worst fucking choir vocals I will ever hear for the remainder of my existence.
  • Devin Townsend - Addicted
    Not bad, should grow on me over time... But seriously; "Ih-Ah!"? What's worse is that he actually sings that err... word repeatedly in the song too! The equivalent of this track--to me--would be Stratovarius' "030366". UPDATE: This hasn't grown on me and in my opinion, is--by far--the most unlaughably awful piece of shit Devin's ever regurgitated. Don't fucking ever make an album like this again! And come on!! "Bend it like Bender?!" holy FUCK!! And this is AFTER he sobered up and stopped smoking weed?.....
So I brought it on myself. Least it wasn't my money that was spent. :kickass:

I think they're both good actually. After getting over the Napster issue and skipping St. Anger entirely (I didn't even download it), then hearing Death Magnetic, my hatred all but DISAPEEEAARRED-AH! (teehee). :D

For the first time in a while, I did not receive any music gifts for the holidays. Though, not entirely true...my son did purchase for me / us some Korpiklanni - TYR tix for thier show kick'n off thier No. Amer. tour just after the New Year. I am mainly going to see TYR...can't wait!:headbang:

My main point was to chat or ask for live (cd) dvd recommendations that any of you may have received or purchased for the holidays etc? My gift to myself this year (yet to have happened) is / was to get the Pagans Mind-Live Equation dvd. I believe this is from the live bonus dvd...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah yes I forgot to mention I got "Live Equation", too. Didn't wanna post until I had a good chance to experience it. Very impressive shit as to be expected from PM. :) :kickass: