Recent CD Purchases?

I ordered Power Quest - Blood Alliance from the Laser's Edge. I'm glad Steve Williams switched up the band--particularly the singer. Alessio was ok but his lower singing was god awful.

Update: This is one boring fucking album...

Just pre-ordered the new Black Label Society - The Song Remains Not The Same acoustic album with a limited edition autographed poster for $10 bucks through CMDistro. Love those guys! And while its not a CD purchase, its more than definitely music related - also bought the new Iced Earth 2011 tour shirt!

ice199lg.jpg

Borealis - Fall From Grace arrived a few days ago. I had to (just had to!) import it from Japan cause there's no way I was gonna wait until May 20th. I'd recommend this to everyone. Consider picking up this beast. :D

Now I have to bitch about a tiny situation with the import: The "bonus" tracks. Anyone who has "World of Silence" are better off just waiting for the international release. Both "The Afterlife" and "From the Fading Screams" sound like they were directly lifted off of their debut album and slapped onto this one. Contrary to an obviously misleading report I've read months ago, the songs weren't rerecorded and the production sounds identical.

One more tiny thing: Although "Finest Hour" is a monster of an opening track, it trails off after 2:46, where the rest of the track goes to speech in the background with accompanying instruments. Wish I knew what the fuck the guy was saying at least. :D

serenity-death-and-legacy.jpg

Been listening to this like crazy, truly a worthy purchase :)

That's also my latest purchase.

I really like it, though I think Fallen Sanctuary was a bit stronger. Do you have the limited edition with bonus tracks? Serenity is probably the only band where the bonus tracks are as good - if not better - as the songs on the regular album. :)

That's also my latest purchase.

I really like it, though I think Fallen Sanctuary was a bit stronger. Do you have the limited edition with bonus tracks? Serenity is probably the only band where the bonus tracks are as good - if not better - as the songs on the regular album. :)
I bought the normal edition, but I have the limited on MP3...yeah, Serenity doesn't skimp on quality.

Just purchased...

Symphony X - Iconoclast (ltd.ed.)
Symphony-X-Iconoclast-2.jpg

I like that artwork more than the incomplete version of the album. It's just right in your face (pun totally intended). :D

:err::err::err::err::err: Cmdistro hasn't shipped my order yet. I'm guessing it's cause of the mail strike we're suffering from up here... Still I hoped it would've been at least noted so I knew they were aware of this crisis. :err::err::err::err::err:

One more tiny thing: Although "Finest Hour" is a monster of an opening track, it trails off after 2:46, where the rest of the track goes to speech in the background with accompanying instruments. Wish I knew what the fuck the guy was saying at least. :D

are you serial :OMG:

k i'll give a hint, or the complete answer :kickass:, "Finest Hour" is the name given to speech that Winston Churchill gave to the house of commons, after the fall of france, just as the battle of britian began.

Upon this battle depends the survival of Christian civilization. upon it depends our own British life and the long continuity of our institutions and our Empire. The whole fury and might of the enemy must very soon be turned on us now. Hitler knows that he will have to break us in this island or lose the war. If we can stand up to him, all Europe may be free and the life of the world may move forward into broad, sunlit uplands. But if we fail, then the whole world, including the United States, including all that we have known and cared for, will sink into the abyss of a new Dark Age, made more sinister, and perhaps more protracted, by the lights of perverted science. Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will say, "This was their finest hour."

yes the album is fucking great!!!!!

Aight aight so I came back from hmv with two albums; Symphony X - Iconoclast and uhh... Limp Bizkit - Gold Cobra. o_O

CM Distro's taking their time with the order and I got impatient, but I think a friend would like a copy of the album anyhoo, plus I ordered the t-shirt and photo deal so I'm still getting something.
It's the proper version too by the way. Nice to know "Reign in Madness" is the official closing track. :kickass: Plus I like how the booklet is a poster so it can go on my wall like the one I got with the Pagan's Mind - Heavenly Ecstasy special edition.

So Iconoclast is fucking great and Gold Cobra fucking sucks (it's a shock, I know!!!), I've heard worse though.

I bought the new Opeth album "Heritage" today. Just listening to it now, sounds like mix of Damnation and Watershed at first glance. No growls at all, many 70's influences. Though I don't like the named albums as much as Blackwater Park, Still Life or Ghost Reveries, I seem to like this new album very much... but it's hard to tell yet, after just one spin. Guess it will take some more listening to hear more details before I'll finally judge.

I have recently gotten my hands on a lot of new and old albums. Check out the list:

Iced Earth - Dystopia (2 disc Century Media 25th Anniversary Limited Edition - 2nd disc contains tracks from the upcoming Live In Ancient Kourion Blu-ray set)
Nevermore - Dead Heart In A Dead World (2 disc Century Media 25th Anniversary Limited Edition - disc 2 contains track from the Year of the Voyager dvd/cd set)
Firewind - The Premonition (2 disc Century Media 25th Anniversary Limited Edition - 2nd disc contains live tracks from their DVD)
Sentenced - The Cold White Light (2 disc Century Media 25th Anniversary Limited Edition - 2nd disc contains of live best of from their last live show ever)
Insomnium - One For Sorrow (2 disc Century Media 25th Anniversary Limited Edition - 2nd disc contains their set from Wacken Open Air 2012)
Bloodbound - In the Name of Metal (European import digipak)
Opeth - The Candlelight Years Boxset (triple disc set contains their first three albums with original mixing/mastering and each disc contains bonus track)
Soilwork - Steelbath Suicide (European Import, rare original pressing)
Mercenary - First Breath (2012 remaster)
Mercenary - Everblack (European Import, first pressing)
Soilwork - The Living Infinite (2 disc European digibook)

So far, out of the CM 25th Anniversary albums, I've been pretty disappointed with the materials on the bonus discs. They're celebrating a milestone, yet for the most part are repackaging stuff that was already available, instead of offering up something new, rare or special. I was really stoked when I got them and Dystopia had some of the new live tracks on (Wolf, Dystopia, Watching Over Me, Boiling-mutherfuckin'- Point!!!) and One For Sorrow had Insomnium's WOA set. They're both great repackages while offering something new to the fans and collectors. The other ones though, unless you're a true die hard collector, leave them the fuck alone. I want to get the Arch Enemy - Anthems of Rebellions set, hoping that the second disc contains the Astral Khaos Live In Japan bootleg that has only been available in Japan, but until I can confirm this, I'm leaving it alone.

The Soilwork albums are a real treat, and The Living Infinite is already being tagged as the bands Crowning Achievement.

The biggest gem was the Opeth box set as those albums in their original mixing and mastering have been long out of print and are very tough to find, as is the original pressing of Mecenary's Everblack album.

THY MAJESTIE - ShiHuangDi
Thy_Majestie_-_ShiHuangDi.jpg

So it went down like this:
  1. Heard a sample.
  2. Loved it.
  3. Had a good fap.
  4. Listened to song again.
  5. Rubbed another out cause I can.
  6. Gave no consideration about whether or not the other songs
    on the album were worth a sufficient fuck to warrant the
    purchase of the album from which said song is from.
  7. Ordered the album.
  8. Forgot to put the song title anywhere in this thread.
  9. Remembered.
  10. Forgot.
  11. Remembered again; "Harbinger of New Dawn"
  12. Felt kinda nice about it.
  13. Received package in the mail yesterday.
  14. Cool album!
  15. Began to wonder why I'm dragging this list out so long.
And that's my grand adventure. :popcorn:

The Soilwork albums are a real treat, and The Living Infinite is already being tagged as the bands Crowning Achievement.

...YUP!!! o_O I hate the packaging* but the album is fucking great! The excellent songs aside, Bjorn hits some crazy notes on there I had no idea he was able to. o_O

Definite "stand up and take the fuck notice, bitches!!" album.

*I had to de-booger-glue the booklet out of its pouch and scrape it off. And I really, really hate when they put the CDs in sleeves. :cry: