Discuss Recent Purchases

JonnyD said:
YES you Must investigate Vintersorg is Cool and Diverse ... Some bands are Labled "Prog" but Mr V's stuff is true to the meaning of Progressive

Sounds cool! Damn I have so much to check out! :dopey:

What do you guys think of Orphaned Land? I have Mabool and wasn't too impressed by it although people seem to like it a lot... I guess I have to give it another spin..

Pabla said:
Sounds cool! Damn I have so much to check out! :dopey:

What do you guys think of Orphaned Land? I have Mabool and wasn't too impressed by it although people seem to like it a lot... I guess I have to give it another spin..

I havnt heard to much of Orphaned Land though I do plan on knowing more before PP ... What I have heard sounds ... weird hahaha

OK... in the last week I got the following:

Morbid Angel-Covenant

Skid Row-Slave to the grind (Finally! I used to have this on tape and loved it! Best SR along with the s/t!)

Megadeth-Youthanasia (I am finally giving Megadeth another shot, always loved the music but could not get past the vox.. now that has changed.. as we grow older we grow wiser :p )

Queenryche-The Warning

Queensryche-Promised Land (few good tracks in there, not my fav)

Boston-s/t

Metal for the masses volume 3-Century media 2 disc filled w/all their artists!

JonnyD said:
I havnt heard to much of Orphaned Land though I do plan on knowing more before PP ... What I have heard sounds ... weird hahaha

It is very weird! LOL, but I only heard it once... gotta give it another shot.. a lot of people seem to be fascinated by it though... but then some people are VERY weird... of course not us! :lol:

Pabla said:
OK... in the last week I got the following:

Morbid Angel-Covenant

Skid Row-Slave to the grind (Finally! I used to have this on tape and loved it! Best SR along with the s/t!)

Megadeth-Youthanasia (I am finally giving Megadeth another shot, always loved the music but could not get past the vox.. now that has changed.. as we grow older we grow wiser :p )

Queenryche-The Warning

Queensryche-Promised Land (few good tracks in there, not my fav)

Boston-s/t

Metal for the masses volume 3-Century media 2 disc filled w/all their artists!

I LOVE Morbid Angel! Covanent is an Excellent album One of my Favs off that album being "God of Emptiness" David Vincent's clean vox sound so cool on that one ... and Slave to the Grind is one of my all time favorite albums!!! did you get the version with "Get the Fuck Out" on it? I totally totally love that album! I saw Queensryche last year ... they almost put me to sleep hahaha .. ofcourse I'm not a big fan anyway and was there to see Symphony X ... but Damn I was almost asleep! it didnt help that I saw Satyricon/Suffocation/Morbid Angel the week before :p

Pabla said:
It is very weird! LOL, but I only heard it once... gotta give it another shot.. a lot of people seem to be fascinated by it though... but then some people are VERY weird... of course not us! :lol:

NO NO NO we are not weird at all we are the sane ones! its the rest of those Fuckers that are wierd o_O :loco: :loco: :loco:

Heres some more stuff I got over the week

Vanden Plas - Spirit of Live ... Didnt really like these guys but got the cd anyway .. all I can Say is WOW this cd kicks ASS!

Exciter - Unveiling the Wicked ... Dirty Nasty Oldschool Thrash Metal!!!!

Armored Saint - Revelations ... had this on cassette for the longest time ..Excellent album!

Edguy - Hall of Flames ... I love this band!

Jon Oliva's Pain - Tage Mahal ... I figured out that This man Jon Oliva IS my #1 Favorite song writer ... the guy could shit on cd and it would sound good!

Overkill - Necroshine ...This album like most of Overkill's 90's cataloge is Overlooked and Underated

Overkill - Live in Peakskill, NY July 31 1988 Bootleg Video .. the sound quality is Terrible.. but the Video is great its cool to see Bobby G playing some old classics

I've been looking for Tage Mahal, but haven't found it locally,,,,looks like internet is it.....or a trip to Ameoba records is overdue!!

When Pabla and I went to Queensryche, we did a bit of shopping prior to the gig and I picked up Metal for the masses vol. 3, a double disc set featuring, death angel, orphaned land, arch enemy, shadows fall and many, many more metal bands.

Looks like next haul will be some PP6 bands that I haven't heard much of, thankfully Glenn posts MP3's.

I couldnt Find Tage Mahal Locally either ... ofcourse up here in Vermont you cant find anything!!! cept ... Symphorce I did find that here lol

I have do do my PPVI homework too hahaha I dont know a thing about most of the bands playing not even "Strat" I never felt the need to listen to them till now

about an hour after I posted that haul 2 packages came in the mail :D
I got
Ultimate Revenge 2 ... its an OLD (1989) Reletivity compilation featuring Forbidden, Faith or Fear, Death, Dark Angel, and Raven I remember listening to and loving this when I was just a wee boy

Vintersorg - Odemarkens Son ... Great album sung entirely in Swedish and even though I dont speak a lick of swede the overall emotion of the music speaks louder than anywords could

Pabla said:
Good pick on the Symphorce of course! :D and the Therion, their last one is so great!

I gotta pick up that Manticora...I keep hearing tons about them, what are they like?

I won't compare them exactly but Manticora gives me the same initial :OMG: reaction when I got into brainstorm as it is power mixed with some heavy riffs:headbang:

More Hauls :D

I got the otherday
Pink Cream 69 - Thunderdome ... I love this cd already!!!! I think these guys are going to fit right in at PPVI regardless of what others might say!

Blind Gaurdian - Follow the Blind ... I'm not to Keen on Modern BD but The old stuff is Fantastic!!!!!

Amon Amarth - Fate of Norns ... this one is interesting ... its kinda like Manowar Meets BlackDeath Metal Silly Silly silly ass lyrics about Vikings and Dragons and stuff I couldnt help but laugh when I read the lyrics

and ofcourse after I went on about not being able to find Jon Oliva's Pain up here the day I got these cds I found it .. Which figures! if I didnt get it online I would have never seen it here!

ok Heres some more hahaha I have to cut down on this F-ing cd buying!

Vintersorg - The Focusing Blur... Fantastic Album!!!

Raven - Mind Over Metal ... A nice 16 song Raven comp with songs from what I belive are the first 3 albums

Rage - From the Cradle to the Stage ... I had never heard this band Prior to this live album .. didnt like it at first but its really starting to get under my skin!!!

Kreator - Enemy of God ... 2 words FUCKING AWSOME!!!!! its been alooooooong time since I bought a really great thrash album!!! this one will stay in my top 10 2005 albums all year and will prolly make it into my top 100 albums of all time .. Top Notch Thrash that I Highly Recomend!!!

Manticora - 8 Deadly Sins ... This is a Fantastic Record!!! Kinda in the school of Jag Panzer Cant wait to see these guys in September!!!!! This aint no Sugar coated Power Metal! :headbang: !!!

Symphorce - Truth to Promises
Symphorce - Sintuary
Brainstorm - Ambiguity

and
The Heralds of Oblivion Vol.1 ... This is a Comp with 5 as of now old Underground L.A. Death Metal Bands .... One which just happens to be called Brainstorm :)

finally got my Judas Priest AOR I got a free wristband....the logo is so freakin' small you need bifocals to see it :Smug: today I picked up Ozzy Box set w/ special flyer buy one Ozzfest tix get one free, Maiden the Early Days DVD and another Maiden video though the title escapes me o_O

tattooedsean666 said:
I am waiting on the cd still from cdinzane but It seems like people into symphorce or brainstorm would enjoy them. check out the mp3's at the band's site as the link is at the progpower band page.

They are OK... I got their first one or second one... can't remember the title but I defo need to spin it more!

So latests:
Manticora (?)
Mercenary-11 Dreams.. pretty good, not too happy with their death vox as they tend to get a bit annoying but otherwise cool album
Yes-(re)union

JonnyD said:
Symphorce - Truth to Promises
Symphorce - Sintuary
Brainstorm - Ambiguity

and
The Heralds of Oblivion Vol.1 ... This is a Comp with 5 as of now old Underground L.A. Death Metal Bands .... One which just happens to be called Brainstorm :)

:headbang:

'Beyond my destiny" has become one of my fav ballads ever... I was so hoping they would play that at PP :cry:

JonnyD said:
ok Heres some more hahaha I have to cut down on this F-ing cd buying!

Vintersorg - The Focusing Blur... Fantastic Album!!!

Raven - Mind Over Metal ... A nice 16 song Raven comp with songs from what I belive are the first 3 albums

Rage - From the Cradle to the Stage ... I had never heard this band Prior to this live album .. didnt like it at first but its really starting to get under my skin!!!

Kreator - Enemy of God ... 2 words FUCKING AWSOME!!!!! its been alooooooong time since I bought a really great thrash album!!! this one will stay in my top 10 2005 albums all year and will prolly make it into my top 100 albums of all time .. Top Notch Thrash that I Highly Recomend!!!

Manticora - 8 Deadly Sins ... This is a Fantastic Record!!! Kinda in the school of Jag Panzer Cant wait to see these guys in September!!!!! This aint no Sugar coated Power Metal! :headbang: !!!

Sureeeeeeee, that's what I say all the time "no more CD's" :yell:

Agreed on the Kreator,, it's fantastic!
I gotta get that Manticora CD... I have heard only good things

Pabla said:
Sureeeeeeee, that's what I say all the time "no more CD's" :yell:

Agreed on the Kreator,, it's fantastic!
I gotta get that Manticora CD... I have heard only good things

hahaha yeah and yet I still have another haul to post hahaha it never ends! ... I LOVE that Kreator album!!! hehehe its nice and Brutal!!! ... and the Mantocora is Great .. the vocals might be hard to deal with IMO the singer reminds me of Blind Gaurdian