Discuss Recent Purchases

Gaunerin said:
Agreed. And pick up Fission, you won't be disappointed :)

Hmmmmm... you guys keep talking about Vintersog, I might have to go investigate some song clips ;)

waynis said:
I just bought Jag Panzer - Casting the Stones, and Chris Caffery - Faces. Really good so far!

That Caffery CD is it more metal or rock oriented? I think I heard a sample a while ago... but can't remember..

tattooedsean666 said:
I had a MUCH larger end records order but to stay on time for paying off my final school loan and keeping money for 3 different metal fests this year, I made the following haul:

end records:

ENTOMBED - Inferno/Averno (2CD)
SYMPHORCE - Twice Second (digi w/2 bonus
ENSLAVED - Isa
PRIMORDIAL - The Gathering Wilderness
KORPIKLAANI - Voice Of Wilderness

cdinzane:
Therion: the latest 2 cd digi(can't remember the name due to being tiredo_O )
Manticora- their latest cd

Good pick on the Symphorce of course! :D and the Therion, their last one is so great!

I gotta pick up that Manticora...I keep hearing tons about them, what are they like?

JonnyD said:
Heres a Haul list from the last month or so

Tad Morose - A Mended Rhyme

Rhapsody - Symphony of Enchanted Lands II

Jag Panzer - Casting the Stones

Skyfire - Spectral

Pantera - Cowboys from Hell

Galactic Cowboys - Machine Fish
Galactic Cowboys - Feel the Rage
Galactic Cowboys - The Horse that Bud Bought
Galactic Cowboys - At the End of the Day
Galactic Cowboys - Let it Go

Crunchy - Clown School Dropout

James Murphy - Convergence
James Murphy - Feeding the Machine

:D :headbang:

JD is that the TM album without Urban? I only have their last 3...
Cowboys from hell rocks! :headbang: people are always debating that either that one or vulgar display is their best...I like cowboys a bit better myself~!

Oy! Rhapsody...no comments :D as it is not my cup of tea.. but if you like em you might wanna check out Freedom Call... Cede the axeman for Symphorce also plays guitar for them!

Lot's of Galactic Cowboys... I don't think I ever heard anything by them...

o_O looks like I have some catching up to do!

Pabla said:
JD is that the TM album without Urban? I only have their last 3...
Nope this is the Very First album with Urban they have like 2 full length and an ep With "Krille" Andreen on Vocals which out of those I have "Leaving the Past behind" its a worthy purchase! as is "Mended Rhyme" which in alot of ways sounds like Old TM But in alot of ways points to the future of what TM would be
Pabla said:
Cowboys from hell rocks! :headbang: people are always debating that either that one or vulgar display is their best...I like cowboys a bit better myself~!
Me too! Great minds think alike eh!

Pabla said:
Oy! Rhapsody...no comments :D as it is not my cup of tea.. but if you like em you might wanna check out Freedom Call... Cede the axeman for Symphorce also plays guitar for them!
:lol: Well I didnt say I really liked it all that much ... its one of those cds that maybe I will get into in the next 10 years maybe not lol ... I have Freedom Calls Live album ... I like Symphorce better ;)

Pabla said:
Lot's of Galactic Cowboys... I don't think I ever heard anything by them...
your best bet with them would be to check out the Space in your Face album its the best and Most Metalic .... Theyre style is like at least on Space... is like Heeeeeeeeeeeavy King's X meaning they have the Beautiful Vocal Harmonies over Heavy tunes ... alot of their Later albums well arent that great they seemed to lose their aggression after the Machine Fish/Feel the Rage era and the Next to albums had a Altery/Punky/Metal thing going that was quit odd though to my Surprise and Delight their last and Final Album Let it Go Is pretty damn good! as I said Check out "Space in your Face" the song "If I were a Killer"! its great!
Pabla said:
o_O looks like I have some catching up to do!
You Certainly do!:wave: :headbang:

I'm not sure which you would like me to elaborate more upon pabla, just ask and you shall receive!

I also got some other discs since then. Krisiun Bloodshed which is pretty decent because Krisiun are almighty and brutal although the album was a little short. The new Mercenary 11 Dreams which is very impressive, it's almost a power metal/melodic death mix. It truly is an interesting listen. Pagan's Mind Infinity Divine is an awesome cd too. I don't really know how to describe it other than power prog. It was their debut remastered so it really is cool to see the band's first works. That's all for now I think!

WurdupWudup said:
The new Mercenary 11 Dreams which is very impressive, it's almost a power metal/melodic death mix. It truly is an interesting listen.

Totally agreed, great album. It's cool they're support for Brainstorm on their upcoming European tour.

JonnyD said:
YES you Must investigate Vintersorg is Cool and Diverse ... Some bands are Labled "Prog" but Mr V's stuff is true to the meaning of Progressive

Vintersorg rules. If I had to name only ONE favourite band, it'd be Vintersorg.

hehe, the metal gods know that it's tough (if not impossible). I would perhaps manage to reduce my favourite bands to a top 5 list and even then I'd be leaving out lots of loved ones.
Perhaps it'd be easier to say that mr V's my favourite artist as this would automatically involve several bands :D

I just noticed I never post MY recent purchases in here.......but that is only because I don't have any :rolleyes:

They do indeed! A top 5 hmm unfourtunately I dont think Mr.V makes it into that either hahaha Those spots are taken by Overkill, Savatage, Alice Cooper, Testament, and about 8 that tie for #5 the old school stuff always comes first :rolleyes: I just heard Vintersorg for the first time a little less than a year ago it was like a revelation I am happy to be one of those Metal Heads that actually get it

Purchases

Overkill - Wrecking your Neck Live ... This is the greatest Live album ever!!!!! I love Overkill this record brings back alot of great memories

Tad Morose - Modus Vivendi ... Hands down Tads Best album :D

Pabla said:
Good pick on the Symphorce of course! :D and the Therion, their last one is so great!

I gotta pick up that Manticora...I keep hearing tons about them, what are they like?

I am waiting on the cd still from cdinzane but It seems like people into symphorce or brainstorm would enjoy them. check out the mp3's at the band's site as the link is at the progpower band page.

JonnyD said:
Nope this is the Very First album with Urban they have like 2 full length and an ep With "Krille" Andreen on Vocals which out of those I have "Leaving the Past behind" its a worthy purchase! as is "Mended Rhyme" which in alot of ways sounds like Old TM But in alot of ways points to the future of what TM would be

Me too! Great minds think alike eh!

:lol: Well I didnt say I really liked it all that much ... its one of those cds that maybe I will get into in the next 10 years maybe not lol ... I have Freedom Calls Live album ... I like Symphorce better ;)

your best bet with them would be to check out the Space in your Face album its the best and Most Metalic .... Theyre style is like at least on Space... is like Heeeeeeeeeeeavy King's X meaning they have the Beautiful Vocal Harmonies over Heavy tunes ... alot of their Later albums well arent that great they seemed to lose their aggression after the Machine Fish/Feel the Rage era and the Next to albums had a Altery/Punky/Metal thing going that was quit odd though to my Surprise and Delight their last and Final Album Let it Go Is pretty damn good! as I said Check out "Space in your Face" the song "If I were a Killer"! its great!

You Certainly do!:wave: :headbang:

Sorry to Cede... but FC is just not my cup of tea :oops:

Do they have any samples on their site? I like King's x but not that much so it still sounds a bit "iffy" to me :loco:

WurdupWudup said:
I'm not sure which you would like me to elaborate more upon pabla, just ask and you shall receive!

I also got some other discs since then. Krisiun Bloodshed which is pretty decent because Krisiun are almighty and brutal although the album was a little short. The new Mercenary 11 Dreams which is very impressive, it's almost a power metal/melodic death mix. It truly is an interesting listen. Pagan's Mind Infinity Divine is an awesome cd too. I don't really know how to describe it other than power prog. It was their debut remastered so it really is cool to see the band's first works. That's all for now I think!

That does it! :) thx so much... that mercinary 11 and Pagan's Mind have tickled my interest!

Pabla said:
Sorry to Cede... but FC is just not my cup of tea :oops:

Do they have any samples on their site? I like King's x but not that much so it still sounds a bit "iffy" to me :loco:

Hmmm hmmm No But I will see what I can do about getting you some ... like I said "Space in your Face" is the album to hear .... I kinda agree with ya on the FC ... but ya never know I may get into em yet