Amorphis - Far from the sun ...hahaha This album does nothing for me :loco:

Exciter - Kill After Kill

Finntroll - Nattfodd

Prong - The Cleansing

Six Feet Under - Graveyard Classics 2

And I got in the mail

Icarus Witch - Roses on White Lace

Cost wise most of the discs were actually pretty cheap :D

Nice haul JD! I see you are really cutting down on your CD purchases/crimes ;)

I got yesterday at Towerrecords:

Kamelot-The Black Halo (This album is truly a great one... love everything about it EXCEPT.. Khan's vocals sound a bit "whimpy" for my taste at times... I am not saying he is a bad vocalist... to the contrary, he has a great voice, tone and range... just could kick it up a notch IMHO)

Black Sabbath-Forbidden (completes my Tony Martin era!, btw he is my fav singer for BS... the albums may not be as classic as the others with Ozzy and Dio... but I just love his vocals!)

Pabla said:
Nice haul JD! I see you are really cutting down on your CD purchases/crimes ;)

hahaha yeah only 6 this time!!! Can you Believe it! :loco:

Pabla said:
I got yesterday at Towerrecords:

Kamelot-The Black Halo (This album is truly a great one... love everything about it EXCEPT.. Khan's vocals sound a bit "whimpy" for my taste at times... I am not saying he is a bad vocalist... to the contrary, he has a great voice, tone and range... just could kick it up a notch IMHO)

Black Sabbath-Forbidden (completes my Tony Martin era!, btw he is my fav singer for BS... the albums may not be as classic as the others with Ozzy and Dio... but I just love his vocals!)

Yeah I like Black Halo its the Best Kamelot I have heard so far! but you are right about Khan he does sound quite Whimpy hehehe ... I have One Tony Cd its umm WTF is that called ... I cant remember hahaha but its good! and I have Heaven and Hell ... I'm not a real big Sabbath fan and I'v never been that big of a Ozzy fan

ok Big Haul this week I got 99% of these in a cd lot from Ebay some of em are crap :p but I only got it for a few Important ones at a cheap price

Angra - Angels Cry
Angra - Holy Land .... Talk about your whimpy Power Metal.. if they werent playing PPVI I prolly wouldnt have bought these
Borknagar - Quintessence ... I love Bork! Not as much without Vintersorg on Vox though
Grand Facade - Fields of thought ...PURE CRAP!
Hate Theory - WW3 ... havnt heard this yet
Katatonia - Tonights Decision... Dont quite know what to think of them
MD 45 - The Craving ... original version with Lee Ving on Vox .. and its pretty damn good actually!
My Ruin - The Horror of Beauty ... havnt heard this one yet either
Nocturnal Rites - Tales of Mystery and Imagination ... Not bad kinda Mediocre Power Metal
Rykers - Life's a Gamble... Havnt heard this yet either
Radiation 4 - Wonderland ... I have no clue WTF this is!
Soilwork - Natural Born Chaos ... Eh theyre ok ... but I dont really know if I like em
Wasp - KillFuckDie.. Already Owned this one BUT its still great!
Warrior Soul - Salutations from the Ghetto Nation ... these guys arent bad at all! Excellent Hard Rock!

this last one came seperate from that bunch
Fission - Crater ... yet another band with the Great Vintersorg on Vocals ... this one is Highly Recomended! Excellent Vocals with some of the best guitar work Mr.V has layed vocals over!

oh and one other thing!!! Have Ya'll gotten the NEW OVERKILL yet? if not you should ASAP! its Great and only cost $14.99!

Well I went to the music store this past Weekend and Low and Behold What did I find

KAMELOT - The Black Halo ... Gotta love SPV!!! this album is Incredible! regardless of Kahn being wimpy he does it perfectly! and did anybody else notice that when he brings his voice low and deep he sounds abit like David Bowie? or is that just me? anyways I love this album! I am Hoping they will return to Atlanta for PPUSA VII :D

I also got through the Mail
William Shakespear - Hamlet... Its A Power Metal Tribute featuring a bunch of South American Power Metal Bands ... its pretty cool for what its worth!

:err: you've been hauling too much lately JD... I'll post the CD's I got for my bday shortly :p

OK Heres what I have gotten in the last month or so :D

Speed/Kill/Hate - Acts of Insanity ... 3 parts Overkill Dave,Derek and Tim with a Screamer this Cd Kicks some ass if you want some Brutal take no prisoners East Coast Thrash Metal ... but it maybe way to much for the casual listener :)

Crotalis - Machines of Doom ... A thrash band From Mass practically right in my Back yard. These Guys kicked ass Live and gave me and my buddy each a free copy of the album, They do a cover of Iron Maiden's The Trooper which Basiclly sounds like Motorhead covering Maiden :D

Overkill - Fuck You ...and Then Some/Feel the Fire ... Considering I am the Biggestmotherfuckin Overkill fan on earth, I was never to fond of the very early stuff basiclly because IMO Bobbys voice had yet to mature ... But when I saw the Buy 2 for 1 Deal I couldnt resist!

Meliah Rage - Barely Human ... What a Killer Band I had no Idea what I was missing Barely Human is a Heavy yet accessable record VERY HIGHLY RECOMENDED!!!! and it comes with Unfinished Buisness a previously unreleased album with the singer of Godsmack on Drums and I gotta admit he was a better drummer than a singer!!!

Morgana Lefay - Knowing Just as I ... What can I say? These guys are Just Awsome!

Seven Witches - Xiled to Infinity and One ... I have a Love/Hate thing for this band I really feel most of their albums are boring BUT this one is the Diamond in the Ruff Asskicking album With a Great Grim Reaper cover at the end and a Guest apperance by the Great Jon Oliva ... if you ever get a Seven Witches album make sure its Xiled!!!

Wuthering Heights - Within ... as I prolly mentioned in another post on this thread these guys Really Impressed me at PPUSA! this cd is their very first album its not bad not that great but they get better with every album!

Slayer - South of Heaven ... an old classic I just had to get again!

Pro-Pain - Fistful of Hate... there are very few bands that do the Hardcore/metal thing that I like ... I love Pro-Pain they are a Hardworking band that put their Blood sweat and tears into everything they do and do it with pride, their subject matter is very serious most of the time Dealing with subjects ranging from Streetbums to the Goverment ... these guys are for real and the Fathers of the modern "Metalcore Scene"

Reflection - Odysssey ... This is some Greek Power Metal that do the story of the Odyssey(sp) its not bad not great doesnt exzactly light my fire hahaha

Vintersorg - Visions From the Spiral Generator .. mmmmm Excellent Progressive Black Metal! Kinda like Pink Floyed meets Black metal VERY HIGHLY RECOMENDED ALBUM!!! Awsome Metal Tunes and Heartfelt Ballads about the cosmos it just has a very Romantic feel all the way through

I also got a Boot Leg video of Vintersorg in Vien Austria the quality is Excellent! and a cassette! Crumbsuckers - Beast on my Back this is an Excellent OLDSCHOOL Hardcore/Metal Crossover band if you ever run across this one in the Dollar rack pick it up!!! :)

Thats all for now I have some more shit coming in soon .... as always :loco:

EDIT: Got another Disc just now in the mail :)
Tad Morose - Matters of the Dark... all I need to get to complete my Tad Morose collection is Sender of thoughts and Paradigma(sp) :headbang:

JonnyD said:
Well I went to the music store this past Weekend and Low and Behold What did I find

KAMELOT - The Black Halo ... Gotta love SPV!!! this album is Incredible! regardless of Kahn being wimpy he does it perfectly! and did anybody else notice that when he brings his voice low and deep he sounds abit like David Bowie? or is that just me? anyways I love this album! I am Hoping they will return to Atlanta for PPUSA VII :D

I also got through the Mail
William Shakespear - Hamlet... Its A Power Metal Tribute featuring a bunch of South American Power Metal Bands ... its pretty cool for what its worth!

Power metal from SOUTH AMERICA? That highly interests me! Since I am from there of course :D What countries are these bands from? Does it say?

JonnyD said:
hate it when it doesnt show that I posted :Smug:

:OMG: holy shit.. that's a monster of a haul and post... I'll reply soon, at work now :ill:

Pabla said:
Power metal from SOUTH AMERICA? That highly interests me! Since I am from there of course :D What countries are these bands from? Does it say?

I will check and see, if anything I will list the bands and see if anything rings a bell :D ... the cd itself was made and released in Argentina ... there could be some Euro bands on it but I dont think so I think its strictly S.A. bands .. there are a Few Death Metal bands on it too but its mostly Prog/Power :headbang: I will do some research and post it later!

I just picked up the Rock of Ages Def Lepp dbl disc

Angra dbl disc cd/dvd I'm enjoying it, but haven't heard the full cd yet

Finally it's the 24th and I can pick up the new BRUCE! :hotjump:

OK Heres some more!

Saigon Kick - The Lizard
Annihilator - Carnival Diablos
W.A.S.P. - The Sting/Heldorado ... this is a New 2 cds for the price of one deal!
Derek Sherinian - Inertia
Kamelot - Karma .... I'm really starting to love this band!!!
Conception - In Your Multitude ... Pab,Kitty if you havnt started catching up on Conception this is a good one to start with
Brainstorm - Liquid Monster ... Just got it But so far it Kicks Ass!!!

JonnyD said:
OK Heres some more!

Saigon Kick - The Lizard
Annihilator - Carnival Diablos
W.A.S.P. - The Sting/Heldorado ... this is a New 2 cds for the price of one deal!
Derek Sherinian - Inertia
Kamelot - Karma .... I'm really starting to love this band!!!
Conception - In Your Multitude ... Pab,Kitty if you havnt started catching up on Conception this is a good one to start with
Brainstorm - Liquid Monster ... Just got it But so far it Kicks Ass!!!

You just reminded me that I gotta listen to Carnival Diablos... I've had that CD for over a year and have forgotten all about it! :oops: I keep buying stuff and forget I have about 100 CD's I still really have to go through... it's a disease I tell ya! :tickled: I get in a record shop and I start shaking if I don't buy something...

I saw the Conception for sale on Amazon for like $25 (insert faint smilie) I think am gonna wait til Progpower... although I might break down before you know it,,, hahaha, really want to own their stuff

Well, finally you got Liquid Monster! How do you like it? I think it's great... but I prefer Soul Temptation... Andy's vox keep on improving... but I think at times on this CD he pushes the vox too much and loses a bit of the range IMO... he is still superb though!

Well, recently I've bought tons... let's see what I remember:

Trivium: Ascendancy
Highlights from The Phantom of the Opera
Kamelot: Karma
Kamelot: The 4th Legacy
Kamelot: Epica
Leave's Eyes: Lovelorn
Charon: The Dying Daylights (Lim Ed)

Hmmmmm, I know I have more... gotta check my room :lol:

Pabla said:
You just reminded me that I gotta listen to Carnival Diablos... I've had that CD for over a year and have forgotten all about it! :oops: I keep buying stuff and forget I have about 100 CD's I still really have to go through... it's a disease I tell ya! :tickled: I get in a record shop and I start shaking if I don't buy something...
Trust me Pabla I know Exzactly what you mean!!!! Its a disease or maybe its insanity I'm not really sure :lol: ... Oh and as for Carnival its not bad and it has alot of variety on it... theres one song that even reminds me of Ac/Dc ... but IMO all you really need to listen to is the first track!!! it rocks!!!

Pabla said:
I saw the Conception for sale on Amazon for like $25 (insert faint smilie) I think am gonna wait til Progpower... although I might break down before you know it,,, hahaha, really want to own their stuff

I got it on Ebay for like $14 bucks! :D if I see it on there cheap again I will send ya a link!

Pabla said:
Well, finally you got Liquid Monster! How do you like it? I think it's great... but I prefer Soul Temptation... Andy's vox keep on improving... but I think at times on this CD he pushes the vox too much and loses a bit of the range IMO... he is still superb though!

I didnt really care for ST a whole lot *Runs and Hides*... with exception to Highs without lows .. great song ... But Liquid Monster has Gotten some good spin time with me :D I love it!!! though I will listen a lil closer to see what you mean .... Andy's a Great singer in general ... Sintuary has been rocking the house alot lately too :D

Pabla said:
Well, recently I've bought tons... let's see what I remember:

Trivium: Ascendancy
Highlights from The Phantom of the Opera
Kamelot: Karma
Kamelot: The 4th Legacy
Kamelot: Epica
Leave's Eyes: Lovelorn
Charon: The Dying Daylights (Lim Ed)

Hmmmmm, I know I have more... gotta check my room :lol:

wow lotsa Kamelot!!! :) .... I know you have more!!! your like me like that!!! ... I have some more I have to Post too! Plus I got a New Tatoo for my birthday I will take some pics and post em for ya as soon as it heals abit :D

:OMG: Whaaaaaaaaaa, you lucky SOB :) those Conception CD's are $20 and over! I know am gonna break soon and buy em myself :loco:

Hmmmmm, I can't believe you are not a big fan of "ST" that album totally slays... bellydancing galore :tickled: but Liquid Monster is pretty good as well... my fav is Painside... what a hook that tune has :headbang:

As to Kamelot... yes, after The Black Hallo I fell in love with this band... especially Khan's vox ... I can safely say I have "overcome" Khan's sometimes "wimpy" moments :) So digging "Karma" now :worship:

Oh, on my last batch I forgot to include that I had also ordered the new Frameshift with Sebastian Bach... can't wait to hear that one as I've always said "that fucker can singgggggggg" :D :headbang: