Recent Purchases

well of course, if is a good guitar, there is no problem. But most beginers guitars (that i've played and tested) go out tune easily, have shitty pickups, and has poor wood body/neck.

Yeah, that's true. I second that.

Thanks Ensi and Delanoir for the advice :D..I want to eventually know my instrument inside out so I think theory and scales and whatnot is a must but yeah I'm not gonna let it be a burden on the whole guitar playing experience..if I'm getting burnt out with it I'll def just concentrate on trying to play the songs I love..thanks guise :D Must go look for a metronome now.

I would say just get a regular grip on your playing, so you can play semi-decent, then practise theory/scales if you want to. Will be much easier:D

Also:

http://www.google.no/search?hl=no&q=online+metronome&btnG=Google-søk&meta=&aq=f&oq=

:oops:

Also! 2 things I would recommend you to do, from my personal experience.

-Start with a pick, I would recommend the Jim Dunlop Jazz III. It is the perfect pick. Small and stiff = more control. Soft picks won't get you anywhere :lol:

-DO NOT, start with thin gauge strings:mad: If you are gonna play in E standard, use 010, if D standard, 011 :)

Getting used to heavier gauge strings makes your finger strength better, and you will get alot more "punch" in your playing in general. :)

Cos tremolos are a bitch to play with when you're only a beginer..I'm gonna build up my guitar abilities on it first and then,when I'm somewhat good on guitar I'll go get a tremolo put on hopefully :) Though I probably should have got one with a wammy at least..but this was only £129 second hand, I love the design and it's in perfect condition so..
Out of interest does anyone know how much it would roughly cost to put in a Floyd Rose,and wammy??

An original floyd is about 220-240 euro depending on the colour, but that guitar isn't worth it at all imo. You're better off buying a better guitar with FR, ltd got some nice models for not so much money.

I brought a fucking Bodom girly my accident.
They said it was medium mens >=[

lol:lol:

i think that this, i'm beginning so i'll buy a beginer model is kinda bad. Sure you can learn, but i think it can limit your playing

Meh maybe after a while, but I think those cheap beginnermodels is a good thing.

Yessir :D
And yeah you're probs right, I'd likely get so pissed off at not understanding how to work the FR that I'd probably just rationalise that I'm shit at guitar and end up never picking up the instrument again! I'm off to go practise some of Mitch's tabs..I know cob is hardly beginer material but I just want to get a few riffs down before I go back to practising scales :/

Drop that, start out with nirvana type of music. Cob is way too hard.

well of course, if is a good guitar, there is no problem. But most beginers guitars (that i've played and tested) go out tune easily, have shitty pickups, and has poor wood body/neck.

+1

Aw thanks Ensi and for the link! :D I shall do just that,those heavy strings will be a bitch to get used to I'd say since the one's I've already on are thin as fuck! I'll change em up though if it'll influence my ability to develop at this, you guys know best :)

I fucking hate Nirvana! I know what you mean tho Marfal..I am finding the cob stuff fairly challenging..might try some tallica or gnr. That's pretty annoying about the cost of the FR but yeah I'll probs just save for a good guitar with that already built in and keep this one for messing around on :)

cradle of filth is easy too, all rock music, master the powerchord. If you do that, you can play any rock, punk, pop whatever on sight.

About the guitars, divide your budget well for guitars and amps. Amp is at least as important as the guitar. Don't spend all your money on a good guitar when you still have a crappy beringer amp or sth.

Never underestimate the power of the amplifier, young padawan.

May the force be with you.

cradle of filth is easy too, all rock music, master the powerchord. If you do that, you can play any rock, punk, pop whatever on sight.

About the guitars, divide your budget well for guitars and amps. Amp is at least as important as the guitar. Don't spend all your money on a good guitar when you still have a crappy beringer amp or sth.

Never underestimate the power of the amplifier, young padawan.

May the force be with you.

True, true and true. I'd say the amp has 60% with the tone to do, 20% guitar and rest fingers/skills.

You don't know the power of the ENGL.

May the tube amps be with you.

True about the amp,I've been told that alright..trying to find a good inexpensive one will be fun I'm sure..Tube amp it will be :) This is all I have at the mo so I'm not suprised my tone sucks..though it's probably mostly due to the fact that I suck at guitar right now.
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g62/cerato-x/SS850448.jpg
Cradle aren't really my cup of tea either but I shall study the powerchord alright!
Thanks dudes :)

True, true and true. I'd say the amp has 60% with the tone to do, 20% guitar and rest fingers/skills.

You don't know the power of the ENGL.

May the tube amps be with you.

no wai, i would say 30 amp, 60/50 guitar and rest skills.
I have a 30 years old Fender Mustang and it sounds so awesome and even more awesome through a good amp.
But when it comes to my Ibanez it's like you said (60% amp ,etc). I can't stand the sound of most of the Humbuckers though.

Well I think that with the Mustang, even if the amp is controlling most of the tone (even though there really is no numerical system for it as we all know, so all percentages are really just arbitrary) you're just so comfortable with it that no matter the amp, the connection between you and that guitar (which is a great guitar anyway) makes it all the better. Not just to your own ears, but that feel comes through your hands and makes you sound better. As opposed to, say, the Ibanez which just doesn't sound and/or feel as right to you. And that's what makes the real difference.

n1yzhg.jpg

Some tea

Necrö;8086015 said:
gotta make such a thing myself :)
Haha, unfortunately that´s some expensive hobby. And you have to finish the open bottles quite soon cause the whisky ain´t getting better when opened, so you´d better get some help... :D
Ed: Someone should invent a smiley that points at himself, I would´ve put it here.

Yeah, I'd rather do that with beer. I actually hate Whisky :lol:
Can't even stand smell anymore, it's nauseating me ever since that one time I got plowed from drinking JD straight from the bottle all night

Necrö;8086022 said:
Yeah, I'd rather do that with beer. I actually hate Whisky :lol:
Can't even stand smell anymore, it's nauseating me ever since that one time I got plowed from drinking JD straight from the bottle all night

JD ain´t Whisky, it´s just some coloured alcohol to get drunk from :D
Doing that with beer labels is a really nice idea btw!!! It won´t take that long...