Recent Purchases

Cos tremolos are a bitch to play with when you're only a beginer..I'm gonna build up my guitar abilities on it first and then,when I'm somewhat good on guitar I'll go get a tremolo put on hopefully :) Though I probably should have got one with a wammy at least..but this was only £129 second hand, I love the design and it's in perfect condition so..
Out of interest does anyone know how much it would roughly cost to put in a Floyd Rose,and wammy??

Trems are gay, the only reason you lot <3 them all so much is because you want to buttfuck omgalexi into oblivion.

Trems are gay, the only reason you lot <3 them all so much is because you want to buttfuck omgalexi into oblivion.

OMG BECOZ ALEXI IS THE ONLY GUITARIST WHO HAS EVAR USED TREMOLOS EVAR!!

I would have just bought the Alexi 200 or something if I wanted his exact sound.

Delanoir said:
Floyd Rose = Wammy
And it'd be more than you paid for the guitar

Oh, I always thought those two were seperate add ons,I don't know much about guitar features yet :( It'd seriously cost that much?! Like do you mean to buy the thing aswell as to get it put in or just to get it put on the guitar?

OMG BECOZ ALEXI IS THE ONLY GUITARIST WHO HAS EVAR USED TREMOLOS EVAR!!

I would have just bought the Alexi 200 or something if I wanted his exact sound.

Oh, I always thought those two were seperate add ons,I don't know much about guitar features yet :( It'd seriously cost that much?! Like do you mean to buy the thing aswell as to get it put in or just to get it put on the guitar?

Even the AL-200 wouldn't be that close anyway, since it's the cheapest level version, and doesn't even look like his much at all either.

And it depends on what kind of FR you get. An OFR can be about £100, and other versions (like the Schaller) being a bit cheaper. And then you have to get the body of the guitar routed for it, and the locking nut, which would cost at least twice that.

Not to forget that other famous users include Vai, Dimebag, Paul Gilbert, Satriani, Petrucci, etc.

Ah I know, but I'd probably never pay the amount of money you'd need to pay for the 600..

Fuck sake, I didn't think it would cost anywhere near that! Looks like I'll be selling my guitar off again pretty soon :( Thanks for the info.

Why not? If you save up and get the guitar you really want, you'll enjoy playing far more. Not that it has to be a super nice guitar, but whatever it is, it just has to be one you love. Otherwise you'll just get frustrated and feel unsatisfied.

And there's no reason to sell it if the only thing you don't like about it is that there's no FR on it. It's good to have one without, because it's so much easier to mess around with.

Besides, if you're a beginner on guitar (don't know how long you've been playing), it's a much better idea (in my opinion) to wait to use one until you're pretty familiar with the guitar.

Yep, might just keep this one and sell off that shitty ibanez beginer model I've got at home and save for a one that I'll love so I won't end up buying and selling off guitars I'm not really overly into all the time. Thanks for the advice!

Sleepingdrummer you didn't pick it up and actually have a look at it before you bought it? :p

happilemon, getting a guitar without a FR is a GOOD thing.

Learning the entire system, how it works and how you maintain it, is hell for a beginner.

And having an extra guitar is just great, because you can do like I do, put some different gauge strings on it, and play it in different tunings. While having your main FR guitar in your favourite tuning. :)

Now... start practising it, get good, save up for a kickass guitar you want with a FR. :D

i think that this, i'm beginning so i'll buy a beginer model is kinda bad. Sure you can learn, but i think it can limit your playing

Ensi said:
happilemon, getting a guitar without a FR is a GOOD thing.

Learning the entire system, how it works and how you maintain it, is hell for a beginner.

And having an extra guitar is just great, because you can do like I do, put some different gauge strings on it, and play it in different tunings. While having your main FR guitar in your favourite tuning.

Now... start practising it, get good, save up for a kickass guitar you want with a FR.

Yessir :D
And yeah you're probs right, I'd likely get so pissed off at not understanding how to work the FR that I'd probably just rationalise that I'm shit at guitar and end up never picking up the instrument again! I'm off to go practise some of Mitch's tabs..I know cob is hardly beginer material but I just want to get a few riffs down before I go back to practising scales :/

i think that this, i'm beginning so i'll buy a beginer model is kinda bad. Sure you can learn, but i think it can limit your playing

It doesn't limit your playing, every electric guitar can sound and play good, if it's set up right (action, height), it's cleaned, neck isn't warped to shit and has fresh strings on it.

Yessir :D
And yeah you're probs right, I'd likely get so pissed off at not understanding how to work the FR that I'd probably just rationalise that I'm shit at guitar and end up never picking up the instrument again! I'm off to go practise some of Mitch's tabs..I know cob is hardly beginer material but I just want to get a few riffs down before I go back to practising scales :/

Try Bed of Razors, it's pretty much the easiest COB song. Even the leads.

And I have never practised scales. Play something you like, that you find challenging, but still doable, and practise. That way you have fun (which makes you want to play more and learn more) and you get better.

What I mean is that guitar playing isn't fucking catholic school:)

Ensi is completely right.

I highly advise you to shy away from just practicing technique, theory, scales and such. Especially if you're a beginner, as you won't know how to fully apply it anyway. And not only that, but it's really easy to just get burnt out and bored of the whole thing, since you really aren't playing music.

I second the notion of just trying to play songs you like. Don't try to do anything too hard, but just enough that you're still pushing yourself. If you just keep at it, you WILL get better. Also, don't worry about practicing hours and hours. It's much better to simply be consistent. Even one or two hours every day is better than five or more every few days.

And finally, try not to practice just riffs. It'll make you a better musician to practice entire songs. That way, you see how each part plays into the others, and how they come together. How the rhythm and chords support the leads, and how the leads build off of those progressions themselves, etc.

And don't forget the crucial importance of the metronome, and simply learning how to play in time.

It doesn't limit your playing, every electric guitar can sound and play good, if it's set up right (action, height), it's cleaned, neck isn't warped to shit and has fresh strings on it.

well of course, if is a good guitar, there is no problem. But most beginers guitars (that i've played and tested) go out tune easily, have shitty pickups, and has poor wood body/neck.

Thanks Ensi and Delanoir for the advice :D..I want to eventually know my instrument inside out so I think theory and scales and whatnot is a must but yeah I'm not gonna let it be a burden on the whole guitar playing experience..if I'm getting burnt out with it I'll def just concentrate on trying to play the songs I love..thanks guise :D Must go look for a metronome now.