Recent Sneap Productions/Mixes

Awesome post Andy. Usually the people who overly stress on being successful, end up not being. :kickass:

I'm pretty sure Joey was heavily motivated to attain success, and look at where he is. I think by his own standards he is behind where he actually wanted to be - or so I gather by some of his earlier posts. There's nothing wrong with aiming high and shooting for the stars, otherwise what incentive would you ever have to do decent work?

He doesn't really seem like the type to be overly stressed. Considering the beatings he takes around here all the time, and still comes back his normal self, he seems like a pretty humble guy. Working hard and attaining success just happens. When you "overly stress" on it, it usually doesn't. He seems like he just busts ass and does what he loves.

Just my opinion, but i've found the more successful people I know are usually pretty humble. Of course there are the exceptions.

As an example, do you think bands like Green Day (or any other big namer band) set out to be successful? No, they just played music they loved and the success came to them.

As an example, do you think bands like Green Day (or any other big namer band) set out to be successful? No, they just played music they loved and the success came to them.

For Green Day I agree, cuz their unique brand of sorta pop-punk/rock really caught on, so I can imagine they got lucky in the sense that a lot of people liked what they were having a blast playing - but you can't tell me a band like Nickelback (consisting of two apparently very advanced guitarists, and certainly old dudes, let's not beat around the bush :lol: ) didn't form purely for the "rockin' out with simple songs for money and fame and bitches and alcoholism" factor :lol:

I'm not all too familiar with who those guys are. We're they new guys, or were they "industry" guys? I'm not really sure how to answer, maybe they love what they're doing.

There's always the exceptions, haha.

Who, Nickelback? Well first off, they haven't been around that long, and I remember reading an article in Guitar World a decent amount of time ago (like around when "How You Remind Me", their breakout single, was big), and they were talking about how they used to be able to do all these advanced shredding techniques, and then decided to focus on "writing songs man" - songs over endless wanking are all well and good, but come on, the two guitarists are 36 and 37 now, respectively, so they were still probably 28-30 when that article was written (giving them a degree of maturity about the way the music business, and "real world" in general, works), and when those "songs" they were writing are the kind Nickelback consistently puts out, I think it's a pretty safe assumption that "wanted to focus on writing songs (man :D)" = "wanted to focus on writing simple, catchy stuff to get big and become 'rock stars'" (I use quotes cuz, well, it's Nickelback :lol: )

EDIT: And wow, this is totally off-topic, sorry - carry on :D