Recently Purchased Albums

deliverance

ecnareviled
Aug 12, 2003
NJ, usa
www.audioscrobbler.com
Post here to tell us all what wonderful..or shitty cds you recently bought .

Today I got (both used, but in MINT condition):

In Flames - Whoracle
Ayreon - The Universal Migrator (parts 1 and 2 in one case)

the IF cd was $6 and the double Ayreon cd was $7, what a steal.

I also got, within the last week:

Emperor - In the Nightside Eclipse
Emperor - Athems to the Welkin at Dusk
Emperor - IX Equilibrium
Orphaned Land - Mabool

I ordered In Flames - Lunar Strain and Ulver - Bergtatt, but they haven't arrived yet. Plan on buying some other albums too. My last purchase was At The Gates - Slaughter Of The Soul.

i promised myself i wouldn't buy any more albums until school ends and i can get a job :cry: ...i spend a lot on music, considering i don't have an income. i'm debating whether to get the agalloch/nest split lp anyway.

my most recently purchased cds are Devin Townsend - Terria, Bathory - Twighlight of the Gods and Hammerheart. AU$60 for all 3. The Bathory albums have the tracks cut up all wrong though, shitty reissues!

arrrghhh. this is the kind of thread id start and it would be immediately deleted. brian, im going to start having you initiate my threads from now on.
to answer:
Ayreon: The Human Equation 7.5/10
Bloodbath: Resurrection.... 5/10
Megadeth: The System... 0/10
Rush: Subdivisions 9.5/10

My most recent... hmmm that's a tough one. I have so many CDs!

I think it was:

Blind Guardian - Nightfall In Middle Earth
The Flower Kings - Adam & Eve
Kataklysm - Shadows & Dust
My Dying Bride - Songs of Darkness, Words of Light

Wow, ive bought more than i thought...these are my buys for the last few weeks...and no, i don't usually get anywhere near this many. I still need more though!

Liquid Tension Experiment 2 (good pure DT wankery)
Paatos - Kallocain (lyrics a bit too simple, but i still like alot)
Stratovarius - Visions (I prefer Sonata, but this is growing on me, for sure)
Caravan - In The Land Of Grey And Pink (brilliantly relaxing retro style prog)
Camel - Moonmadness (listening for the first time as i type this. Sounds pretty good)
Cult Of Luna - Salvation (man, i love this so very, very much. anyone seen the video for Leave Me Here? Can anyone explain it to me?)
Dream Theater - Awake (bit over-hyped, but some enjoyable DT)
Rick Wright - Broken China (far too much quiet for me, but seems ok. needs a few more listens)
Sonata Arctica - Reckoning Night & Winterheart's Guild (fan-fucking-tastic stuff. Has shot up to one of my all time favourite bands)
Pain Of Salvation - The Perfect Element (blah. dont think much of at all. voice isn't great, music seems pretty average, and songs just annoy me in their pretentiousness - and im a DT fan too!)
Tiamat - Clouds (bit too sludgy for my liking. Ok, but i cant see myself ever raving about it)

On Order:
Porcupine Tree - Lightbulb Sun & Deadwing
Sonata Arctica - Ecliptica
Ayreon - The Final Experiment (Special Edition 2005)
Kamelot - The Black Halo

<crimson> said:
Orphaned Land - Mabool
i love that cd like hawt sex :worship:

i recently picked up:

12/10 Orphaned Land - Maboooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool :hotjump:
6/10 Xenn - Offworld (simply because i had no band that started with X. i have the alphabet now.) this is a polish progrock/atmospheric cd. not bad.
8/10 Knight Area - The Sun Also Rises. (great prog rock)
8/10 Novact - Tales From the Soul (good prog metal)

on order:
Pallas - The Wedge (I couldn't refuse at $5)
Day Six - Eternal Dignity (had a good description at LaserCD)
Voyager - Element V (same as above)
Frameshift - An Absence of Empathy (The first album ruled, and so do the clips of this one. i gotta have it.)
Pantommind - Shade of Fate (it got a lot of buzz on the ProgPower forum, so i'm getting it.)
PT - Deadwing. (explains itself.)

My Dying Bride - Turn Loose the Swans CD
Primordial - The Gathering Wilderness CD
Einherjer - Blot CD
Deceased - Behind the Mourner's Veil CD
Deceased - Spiritual Addiction CD
My Dying Bride - Symphonium blah blah blah cassette
Paradise Lost - Lost Paradise cassette
Paradise Lost - Icon cassette
Edge of Sanity - Crimson cassette
Katatonia - Saw You Drown shirt
Bloodbath - bloodred shirt
Opeth - Still Life, Still Death shirt
Katatonia - Brave Murder Day (black and white logo, no bonus tracks) CD

Those are this weekend's purchases. Fuck, that's a LOT more than I meant to buy.

i havent bought that many new CDs lately...i needed to catch up on what i already had. however recently i bought a couple:

Oceans 12 soundtrack: All late 60s sounding acid jazz and instrumental querks, awesome stuff.

Interpol - Antics: Good modern and moody rock. "suit and tie rock" as i like to call it. I liked their first album a lot, so i decided to pick this one up. Not something i listen to tons, but a decent alternative when i need a breathe of fresh air.

Pre-Ordered: Ulver - Blood Inside....havent received it yet, but if the clips are any hint at the album, it seems ulver still hasnt had a bad release.