Chris Squire - Fish Out Of Water
Al Dimeola - Land Of the Midnight Sun
Yes - Close to the Edge
Rush - Grace Under Pressure
Rush - Signals
Rush - Hemispheres
In Spe - s/t (Estonian prog)
and got some obscure stuff like: Ralph Lundsten: Nordisk Natursymfoni Nr2

Most albums recorded before 1985 and in analog technolgy sounds much better than their reissues and remasters on CD or when album was digitally recorded.

PS forgot 1 CD also, Arch Enemy - Burning Bridges

Astriaal - The Throne To Perish 7"
Melechesh - Siege of Lachish 7"
(Both limited to 666 copies, Melechesh is hand numbered!)
Good old vinyl.

Steedus said:
COG - The New Normal

What do you make of it Steedus?
I think too many of the songs just sound like crappy mainstream rock (hell I think they even got airplay on nova). The last two tracks are bloody awesome, but overall not the debut I was anticipating.

The Dude said:
I think too many of the songs just sound like crappy mainstream rock (hell I think they even got airplay on nova). The last two tracks are bloody awesome, but overall not the debut I was anticipating.

I really like it. I've been waiting for a proper album from this band for a while. And I wasn't disapointed.

You gotta love Flynn's voice.

Silent Song said:
strongly agree +1
The Wooten bros live here. I saw him once walking around with his bass (in a case, sadly) while watching an outdoor concert by some band I don't remember. Anyway the Wooten Bros play at a club down the street from me three times a week.........and I've never bothered to go hear them. Is that lame or what?
For what it's worth: players like Wooten don't impress me much anymore. From what I remember of him, he is a shredder. He's great but tapping out 400 notes a second just puts me to sleep. Maybe his style has changed though. Bela Fleck and the Felcktones rule though - great band - pure nerdy jazz fusion improv. They deserve a listen from even the staunchest jazz-hater.

Dark Thane said:
I got Enslaved - Isa last weekend.
Going to pick up Nile - Annihilation of the wicked at my lunch break today.

How you liking Isa? I picked it up on the back of the reviews, it's pretty cool i reckon, although the guitar tone gets a lil annoying..

I'm spinning the new meshuggah, it's nuts. utterly nuts. the last "track" Sum has a disturbing yet gorgeous clean outro

fps said:
How you liking Isa? I picked it up on the back of the reviews, it's pretty cool i reckon, although the guitar tone gets a lil annoying..

I'm spinning the new meshuggah, it's nuts. utterly nuts. the last "track" Sum has a disturbing yet gorgeous clean outro

I like Isa a lot, a good solid album, great production. the keys are really cool in it and i just like the atmosphere of the whole album.
I know what you mean about the guitar tone, its a little too bright and has too much presence, i notice it a lot on the stand alone guitar parts.

Ive recently bought

Porcupine Tree- Deadwing(of course)
Morbid Angel- Covenant
Opeth- Deliverance(had a copy)
Cannibal Corpse- 15 year killing spree(killer box set) and live cannibalism
My Dying Bride- The Dreadful Hours
Opeth- Still Life
Death- Individual Thought Patterns
Nile- Annihilation of the Wicked and Black Seeds of Vengeance
Vehemence- Helping the World to See
Soundgarden- Superunknown
The Best of Kansas

I have also received many burned CD's from artists such as My Dying Bride, Anathema, Borknagar, Katatonia, Blackfield, Death, Yes, Ayreon, and many others. (Thank You NeverisForever)

Dark Thane said:
I like Isa a lot, a good solid album, great production. the keys are really cool in it and i just like the atmosphere of the whole album.
I know what you mean about the guitar tone, its a little too bright and has too much presence, i notice it a lot on the stand alone guitar parts.

gd call, there's a track near the end that really gets to me tho- vicious intro, then the picked guitar chords with tom backing, gorgeous harmonies, bliss! have just ordered new pale haunt departure on amazon (can't find it in the uk), should be fun

heh i just bought isa yesterday - its pretty great so far.

others bought within the last couple month
porcupine tree - signify
porcupine tree - in absentia
porcupine tree - deadwing
porcupine tree - voyage 34
porcupine tree - the sky moves sideways
opeth - damnation
morbid angel - blessed are the sick
uvler - kveldssanger
ulver - svidd neger
immortal - at the heart of winter
darkthrone - a blaze in the northern sky
darkthrone - transilvanian hunger
cephalic carnage - anomalies
emperor - prometheus: the discipline of fire and demise

id heard all of this before on mp3, but now im starting to buy all that shit i downloaded. I stopped dowloading full albums 4 or 5 months ago... il never go back.

edit: additionally, my nile - annihilation of the wicked collectors edition just showed up on relase.com as shipped. Yay

The Dude said:

I bought that the other day as well, same day I saw them live. Personally I thought it was far too Radio Rock as well, not as good as the EP's. Gotta commend them on their live performance though, it was fucking amazing. Flynn was a great voice, Luke looked like he was about to explode or rip someones head off for the whole set (I met him afterwards :Spin: ), and Lucius is probably the most intense live drummer I have ever seen, that guy is just insane. Inspiring stuff.

I also bought:
Mouse On Mars - Niun Niggung
Moonsorrow - Verisakeet
The Smashing Pumpkins - Machina
The Smashing Pumpkins - The End Is The Beginning Is The End (Single)