Recently Purchased Albums

<crimson> said:
so i bought 2 cds on ebay, from this guy in Russia. he sent them out on March 7th. It is now April 25th, and i just recieved them a minute ago.
note to self: NEVER order from Russia again..and probably nothing out of the US again.
btw the cds:

Diabolical Masquerade - Nightwork
Absu - Tara
gimme gimme gimme

<crimson> said:
so i bought 2 cds on ebay, from this guy in Russia. he sent them out on March 7th. It is now April 25th, and i just recieved them a minute ago.
note to self: NEVER order from Russia again..and probably nothing out of the US again.
btw the cds:

Absu - Tara

Are they Russian editions? If so, then avoid them at all cost! You might get crappy quality + band doesn't get a penny from it.

Russian CD companys have so called agreenments with labels and they probably pay something but not for the artist, just "rights" to reproduce this label's CDs, no matter who artist is.
Even if one particular CD sells a million in Russia then band won't even know it...
This payments are probably minimal, becouse if record comapny won't agree, then Russians still release it and get all the money.

Russian versions aint'r rare on anything special like Japanise or smth...

the biggest firm is www.irond.ru
they reproduce and sell allmost all... and all the money goes to their own pockets...
So, if you like to pay Russian maffia then go ahead!

PS I can easely go to CD store and buy this crap (because they still sell them in Estonia also), but I won't, I just download or buy original if I really like the thing...

<crimson> said:
btw the cds:

Absu - Tara

Awesome scorage with Tara. Listen to those FUCKING DRUM FILLS!!! :kickass:

ZeDzEdZeD said:
Are they Russian editions? If so, then avoid them at all cost! You might get crappy quality + band doesn't get a penny from it.

actually, i didn't even think when i ordered them that they might be. but when i got them yesterday, and inspecting the case/booklet and stuff, on the back of the case, where all the license information, and release date, etc, it was ALL in russian haha. oh well. they were a good price, so that's where i bought em from. i'm now strictly buying from the US though.

Décadent said:
Awesome scorage with Tara. Listen to those FUCKING DRUM FILLS!!! :kickass:

yeah dude, cheers to you for getting me into Absu a while back. :headbang:
btw, nick, didn't i send you a diabolical masquerade album couple weeks ago? what'd you think of it?

NineFeetUnderground said:
absu just stands there playing and daydreaming about how much more they wish they were Abigor instead of Absu.

eh, whatever, i think absu rules. also, i never heard abigor.

bought on ebay yesterday:
Death - Spiritual Healing

bought at store today:
Porcupine Tree - Deadwing

Jethro Tull - Passion Play ($5.50! haha, i love ebay)

Anglagard - Epilog
(won the bid for less than $15!, which is good for a rare album)
..now just waiting for another copy of Hybris to pop up on ebay, so I can yank that at a good price too

Orphaned Land - Mabool
Porcupine Tree - Voyage 34
Porcupine Tree - The Sky Moves Sideways (with bonus disc)

Love them all.

Recently:

Strapping Young Lad: Alien 9/10
Corrosion of Conformity: In the Arms of God , 7/10
Infectious Grooves: Sappricus' Ark ($4) 6/10
Winter Solstice: Fall of Rome 7/10
Trivium: whatever 2/10

Looking forward to the new NIN

Dammit, I was going to post something, but then I realized that the last album I bought was Strapping Young Lad - Alien and that was shortly after it came out. I hate being laid off =/

Really looking forward to the new Foo Fighters, though.

Caesar Metallius said:
Recently:

Strapping Young Lad: Alien 9/10
Corrosion of Conformity: In the Arms of God , 7/10
Infectious Grooves: Sappricus' Ark ($4) 6/10
Winter Solstice: Fall of Rome 7/10
Trivium: whatever 2/10

Looking forward to the new NIN

i've had the NiN, mp3 style for a few weeks. but the cd is released tomorrow in the states.

I went on a big spending spree over a couple days:
Leviathan-Tentacles of Whorror
Blut Aus Nord- The Work Which Transforms God
Swans- Children of God/World of Flesh
Swans- The Great Annihlator
Madder Mortem- Deadlands
Sigh- Scenario IV: Dead Dreams
Pelican- March into the Sea EP
Agalloch- The Mantle
Thorr's Hammer-Thorr's Hammer
Fields of the Nephilim- The Nephilim (vinyl)

havn't bought cd's in a while, but in my last purchse a few months ago i bought opeth's still life through damnation. if that package weighed 1 gram less, i wouldn't have paid 10$ to the customs. :yell: :erk: