Recomend me some prog metal.

You should hear "Leviathan". That is a very good album with no filler tracks or anything. The new on is okay, but it's doesn't come close to Leviathan.

Vanden Plas - Far Off Grace is a great prog-metal album, it's much darker than their later releases, so you might like it if you want that heavy metal touch.

Pain of Salvation's new cd Scarsick is more metal than all their efforts, so you might like it, but I prefer all their other cd's even though it's not as 'metal.'

Also as someone else recommended, check out Enslaved, they have really good music.

Fuck Remedy Lane......The Perfect Element ftw. And the song of the same name is just so amazing. Theres a certain vocal part starting with "Once he had forests and mountains" that is just absolutely brilliant and probably the best thing ive heard since the odyssey.

Pain of Salvation's new cd Scarsick is more metal than all their efforts, so you might like it, but I prefer all their other cd's even though it's not as 'metal.'

I haven't heard it yet, but I've heard the opposite. People said that it wasn't as metal.

Yeah. It's not very metal. And it only has two strong songs imo, Scarsick and America (because of it's progrock feeling). The rest is avarage and the second song with all the rapping is really crap, pretty decent chorus though.

OP- I'd check out Silent Voices and Wuthering Heights also. And someone already said Green Carnation- check out Light of day, day of darkness. the most epic progmetal song/album you'll ever hear.

Ok essentially the prog metal bands that I listen to are Symphony X, Dream Theater, Cynic, Death, Ayreon, Evergrey, Biomechanical, Into Eternity, Opeth, Porcupine Tree, Sikth, Sonata Arctica, SYL & Devin Townsend.
I own most releases by each band, except Into Eternity which I only own the Scattering of Ashes, and Porcupine I have most stuff from Signify to recent but nothing before it and I don't have Lightbulb Sun.

Im looking for some good prog metal as high quality as the bands mentioned but maybe something different. I have recently downloaded some Adagio, Majestic and Time Requiem but I have heard it all before. About two days ago I purchased Remedy Lane by Pain Of Salvation and its taking some time to sink in but I love it for the fact that its something different.

Please recomend some good - excellent albums in the vein of prog/power. Doesn't matter how heavy or how soft.

Also: I have heard many good things about the band Andromeda so if anyone wants to point me in the right direction with this band it would be appreciated. :heh:

get more Porcupine Tree/Pain of Salvation