Best Heavy Prog?

I'm with most of you guys

THE STAR ONE DVD was the best $70AUS i ever spent (i could have got it on the net for $20US but i couldn't wait 10 days for it to arrive)

Ark-Burn the Sun
Vanden Plas-God thing,Beyod Daylight
Pain of Salvation-Perfect Element
John Arch-Twist of Fate
Edge of Sanity-Crimson II (Dan Swano is awesome)
Beyond Twilight-The Devil's Hall of Fame (Jorn is awesome)

Download the song "Blackwater Park" by Opeth... it's one of the heaviest freaking things in the world. :D

Try Edge Of Sanity's "Crimson II". It's kinda prog-death, and I've recently come to realize that it's the BEST ALBUM EVER. Astonishingly incredible.

If you dig the Vanden Plas recs that the others gave you, try Superior and Tomorrow's Eve; two other German progressive metal bands in the style of Vanden Plas.

POWER OF OMENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(etc.)

theodyssey said:
the word is "informative", not "informational". That's not even a word.

informational-of or giving information (from webster's New Universal Unabridged Dictionary)

You really made yourself look stupid there, I cant believe you thought that wasnt a word, are you new to the English language or something?

I think the guy wanted good suggestions people :)

Zero Hour and Into Eternity are must haves

As for Nevermore, their most progressive (and best) album is "The Politics of Ecstacy"

oh fuck.. VINTERSORG!!!! Best heavy band, has some prog elements (but not so many that it sucks). also got a lot of folk stuff in his early shit, and stuff like that, as well as SOME black metal influences, but that's mainly with some of the vocals.