Recomend stuff like Comus

|55555|

New Metal Member
Aug 18, 2008
Comus - First Uterrence is my favorite non - metal album right now. Anybody know of anything else like it?

There are very few albums like First Utterance, however these are some good acid-folk records you might enjoy.

Jan Dukes De Grey - Mice and Rats In the Loft
Incredible String Band - The 5000 Spirits
These Trails - s/t
Linda Perhacs - Parallelograms
Amon Düül II - Tanz Der Lemminge

There are very few albums like First Utterance, however these are some good acid-folk records you might enjoy.

These Trails - s/t

Thanks I'll be sure to check them out.

Well, First Utterance is a unique album, but maybe you'll like these if you like that album:
Sigur Ros- Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust
Uriah Heep- Salisbury, Demons and Wizards
Devendra Banhart-Cripple Crow, Smokey Rolls Down Thunder Canyon
Osibisa- Woyaya
Robert Plant and Alison Krauss- Raising Sand
Witchcraft- Firewood
The Beatles- white album if you haven't already heard it
Caribou- Andorra

None of these albums are exactly like First Utterance, but you might find a couple of tracks that are Comus-like, and i chose them thinking that if you like that album, then you might like these.

I'm having EPIC trouble enjoying this album. The vocals are throwing me off. Any help?

Strange. I love the vocals. I guess they aren't for everybody.

Well, First Utterance is a unique album, but maybe you'll like these if you like that album:
Sigur Ros- Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust
Uriah Heep- Salisbury, Demons and Wizards
Devendra Banhart-Cripple Crow, Smokey Rolls Down Thunder Canyon
Osibisa- Woyaya
Robert Plant and Alison Krauss- Raising Sand
Witchcraft- Firewood
The Beatles- white album if you haven't already heard it
Caribou- Andorra

None of these albums are exactly like First Utterance, but you might find a couple of tracks that are Comus-like, and i chose them thinking that if you like that album, then you might like these.
Thanks. I already have witchcraft's debut album and liked it so I'll get the album of theirs you suggested first.

If you don't already have it you should probably check out King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King, or any of their albums really.

These Trails - s/t
Very good taste. I would recommend these highly to anyone who doesn't have them. Get Jan Dukes De Grey's "Sorcerers" as well. Plus Incredible String Band's "The Hangmans Beautiful Daughter". Osibisa- Woyaya and Caribou- Andorra are also very good recomendations. These few were actually the ones I thought of first. I'll look through my prog rock and see if I can find more. Though First Utterance is fairly unique. I wrote up a list for a few people on here of obscure prog rock to check out. Methinks I should compile one massive list of all of the prog rock I have.

I'm having EPIC trouble enjoying this album. The vocals are throwing me off. Any help?
I didn't think too highly of them at first and tbh don't think very highly now, I just put up with it as the music dominated me. After listening to it over time they stopped bothering me. Perhaps it's just a matter of persisting but I can completely understand if a person didn't like them.

STOP MAKIN GFUN OF ME YOU ARSE WHOLE!! UDONT LOVE ME BCAUSSZE MY MOOIUSIC TASTE IS DIFEREN TF ROMYOURS!