Recommend a CD or a DVD

Hmm.. not sure I agree, I discovered Rhapsody after my Bro leant me DOV and brought the rest of their stuff based on that - I was disappointed with Symphony of Enchanted Lands & Rain of a Thousand Flames.

forgottenglory, thanks for information about Nikolo Kotzev's Nostradamus. I've just heard it, and it's really interesting.

forgottenglory, thanks for information about Nikolo Kotzev's Nostradamus. I've just heard it, and it's really interesting.

Glad you liked Nostradamus. It is one of my favourite Rock Operas. If you liked Nostradamus, keep your ears open for DRACONIA, the new Opera Nikolo is currently working on. You can hear rough demos and learn more about the captivating story HERE

Hmm.. not sure I agree, I discovered Rhapsody after my Bro leant me DOV and brought the rest of their stuff based on that - I was disappointed with Symphony of Enchanted Lands & Rain of a Thousand Flames.

Well RoaTF is an EP, so it doesn't really count :p . I prefer SoE (I) over DoV, I think it's the best along with PotD. What do you think of the latter? :)

I like PotD but for me their best is DOV - I listen to DOV much more often than the other cds - usually a good indication of which I prefer - according to the stats on my various music players, I've listened to DOV 43 times so far this year SoEL 10 times and PotD 8 times.
On that note my Threshold stats are :-
Critical Energy: 120
Surface to Stage: 82
Subsurface: 73
Hypothetical: 68
Psychedelicatessen /Livedelica: 67
Extinct Instrint: 54
Wounded Land: 57
Dead Reckoning: 40

Didn't realize I listened to Threshold so much !

I think that Dawn of Victory is not that good, SOE (I) and LT (the first two albums) are classics. PotD is their best IMO :) . Ahhh haven't heard Rhapsody *of Fire* in a looooong time.

I have to agree, at least with the first sentence. I still think SOE Part 1 is overrated. It bores me to tears while I thought the sequel was much better.

I also agree that their best is POTD. It has my favorite Rhapsody song on it: The March of the Swordmaster :)

I like PotD but for me their best is DOV - I listen to DOV much more often than the other cds - usually a good indication of which I prefer - according to the stats on my various music players, I've listened to DOV 43 times so far this year SoEL 10 times and PotD 8 times.
On that note my Threshold stats are :-
Critical Energy: 120
Surface to Stage: 82
Subsurface: 73
Hypothetical: 68
Psychedelicatessen /Livedelica: 67
Extinct Instrint: 54
Wounded Land: 57
Dead Reckoning: 40

Didn't realize I listened to Threshold so much !

Well you have good taste anyhow :) .

I have to agree, at least with the first sentence. I still think SOE Part 1 is overrated. It bores me to tears while I thought the sequel was much better.

I also agree that their best is POTD. It has my favorite Rhapsody song on it: The March of the Swordmaster :)

Oh yeah SoE 1 is definitely overrated, Legendary Tales is awesome, and PoTD. "The March of the Swordmaster" is probably my favourite song there too :headbang: .

Is that all?:kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass:

Hahaha :lol: :kickass: .

I quite like the Raising Sand too - bought it for my wife as she likes AK

Its got some amazing tracks that are in some cases years old and they have been sensitively chosen to suit the artists and reworked brilliantly.

It's a lot better than background music and is a lesson in what a harmony is, most of the tracks being classic "building blocks of music" types. If you like music in a technical way then this is worth checking out - it isn't heavily technical in itself but helps in the understanding of where all our modern genres came from

I quite like the Raising Sand too - bought it for my wife as she likes AK

Its got some amazing tracks that are in some cases years old and they have been sensitively chosen to suit the artists and reworked brilliantly.

It's a lot better than background music and is a lesson in what a harmony is, most of the tracks being classic "building blocks of music" types. If you like music in a technical way then this is worth checking out - it isn't heavily technical in itself but helps in the understanding of where all our modern genres came from

Agreed! From the first moment I got totally hooked into the disc. The music is really amazing, with lots of variety and sounds that get to the deepest parts of your soul. I like it because it's definitely Country music, but it still sounds quite modern in a way.