Recommend a laptop.

Does anyone here knows if a notebook Intel Core2Quad Q6600 (2.4Ghz) performs as good as a desktop Intel Core2Quad Q6600 (2.4Ghz)?

it's likely to perform worse. However, the 2 can never be compared like for like as the motherboards are different, until recently all the hard disks were different, the graphics chipsets are different etc...

it's likely to perform worse. However, the 2 can never be compared like for like as the motherboards are different, until recently all the hard disks were different, the graphics chipsets are different etc...

oh, that´s a bummer. I have a desktop Core2Quad Q6600 that´s more than enough fo my applications and I would love to have that power on a portable system.

Hurrrrrrrrrrr Mac hurrrrrrrr. LOL. I'm still a Mac lover dudes!

Guys, if you had to choose, would you take this Toshiba over the Asus? Experience with both companies would be appreciated!

http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/cdetland.to?poid=485057

Joe

Oooh, that's a nice price.

My dad has used Toshiba lappys for a few years, 3 different models ( the first 2 were stolen). They've all been pretty nice IMO, but he never had any of them longer than 2 years so I can't comment on reliability.

Wife has an Asus laptop, about 2 years old by now. No issues with hers. It's a C2D machine, though.

Oooh, that's a nice price.

My dad has used Toshiba lappys for a few years, 3 different models ( the first 2 were stolen). They've all been pretty nice IMO, but he never had any of them longer than 2 years so I can't comment on reliability.

Wife has an Asus laptop, about 2 years old by now. No issues with hers. It's a C2D machine, though.

Thanks for the reply man. Yeah, honestly I don't know a ton about either brand since I've used my Powermac for years, but I know the Toshiba is slightly faster and looks nicer lol. As far as ratings, the Toshiba seems to be slightly higher than the Asus. Hmmm.

Joe

Soooo if you guys had to choose, Asus or Toshiba?

I'm gonna be buying next week most likely. I like the fact that Asus actually makes the motherboards they use. Toshiba is slightly faster, both have similar specs.

hallllp!

Joe