Recommend me a guitar.

I'd buy that Caparison quick smart.
Those things are horrendously expensive outside Japan, and any chance of picking one up at a reasonable price below retail cost is a great thing.
You'll be kicking yourself if you don't buy it, those guitars are fucking great.
Put a tremol-no in there, it instantly becomes a fixed bridge guitar.

Good point about the tremol-no... But I won't by my new guitar until January ~ (no money yet :saint:)

Okay, I was just kidding. It wasn't a good point about the tremol-no, it was a GREAT POINT.
A tremol-no would kinda fix all my problems, if the guitar has better sustain then my current guitars (which I think 2000$ guitars does), I would probably love the bridge and have no tuning issues!

Well my current recording guitar (the Explorer) is a tune-o-matic bridge, and I have played tune-o-matics that has been wonderful!

Ah but the Schecter C1-Elite have got pretty big body contours where as the explorers don't. It's just you mentioned the bridge on the Schecter, I found that tunomatics to high especially with a lot of body contours.

Anyway if you love the explorer how about a V, they play the same but sound different and look cool.

Okay, I was just kidding. It wasn't a good point about the tremol-no, it was a GREAT POINT.
A tremol-no would kinda fix all my problems, if the guitar has better sustain then my current guitars (which I think 2000$ guitars does), I would probably love the bridge and have no tuning issues!

I have done the same thing in my Dellinger.
It kills:kickass:
And now i can drop tune whenever i want.:)

no V's please.

Ah but the Schecter C1-Elite have got pretty big body contours where as the explorers don't. It's just you mentioned the bridge on the Schecter, I found that tunomatics to high especially with a lot of body contours.

Anyway if you love the explorer how about a V, they play the same but sound different and look cool.

I don't love the Explorer, thats why I'm buying a new guitar :saint:

If slashvanyoung's Dellinger isn't bought by January ~, I will probably be VERY interested.

Even if you get a Tremolo-no in there dude, you've still got a gaping cavity in the most crucial spot where resonating body wood should be (right in the center of the instrument), not to mention the fact that the floating bridge is really just transferring vibrations to the body through two small posts; I still would really vote for a fixed-bridge option honestly! FWIW, I fucking love Tune-o-matic bridges, and so many other players have no trouble with them either; maybe this could be an opportunity for you to correct some issue in your picking technique that causes you to be uncomfortable on these awesome bridges? (not trying to be a dick, but I think I've proven myself enough as a player to say stuff like that ;)). While I'm sure the quality of the wood and construction of a Dellinger would make the Floyd cavity not as much of an issue (not to mention better metals used in the bridge), I'm not so sure the same can be said of that Jackson...

Whatever you end up with, I just strongly recommend you to check out several guits in person when you're about to drop so much cash. Since you're living in Gothenburg, I figure you should have some decent sized stores around.

Aaaargh just when I thought I was on to something good : (
slashvanyoung, I have actually moved from Gothenburg (away from my parents, as I'm in a "university" now) but I'll check some guitars next week before I'm watching Behemoth (in Gothenburg, that is) :heh:

While I'm sure the quality of the wood and construction of a Dellinger would make the Floyd cavity not as much of an issue (not to mention better metals used in the bridge), I'm not so sure the same can be said of that Jackson...

Was just about to say that...

And what I would be even more concerned about is the fact that the Jackson has an alder body with a maple neck-trough. This will sound very bright!

Marcus, I think you know exactly what I'm talking about. ;)

Everyone get's a boner about neck-throughs but many don't know it's actually counterproductive to what their looking for tonally.

Yeah, to be very honest I'm not crazy about neck-thrus simply because the neck is so often maple, which means that the entire core of the body is too (often a recipe for brittleness in tone, for example my old Ibanez, despite having mahogany body wings); personally as far as tone goes I generally prefer a one-piece mahogany body with a set (or even bolt-on) maple neck!

And FUCK, even after sleeping on it a couple of days I'm still really considering selling my current Ibanez for that Schecter Baritone :loco:

Allright, so I did a little shootout between the guitars.
With my sloppy playing they didn't sound as different as I thought they would (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/317055/piss.mp3 Order: Explorer w/ 18, Kelly and C1. Just RevMkIII and ryans impulses...), so now I'm back on the tune-o-matic route...

Was just about to say that...

And what I would be even more concerned about is the fact that the Jackson has an alder body with a maple neck-trough. This will sound very bright!

Marcus, I think you know exactly what I'm talking about. ;)

Everyone get's a boner about neck-throughs but many don't know it's actually counterproductive to what their looking for tonally.

Yeah, to be very honest I'm not crazy about neck-thrus simply because the neck is so often maple, which means that the entire core of the body is too (often a recipe for brittleness in tone, for example my old Ibanez, despite having mahogany body wings); personally as far as tone goes I generally prefer a one-piece mahogany body with a set (or even bolt-on) maple neck!

In what way would a bright guitar be... well worse than a non-bright one?
Why will a neck-through be "counterproductive to what their looking for tonally"?

From my experience Gothenburg didn't really have much, there was one Musikshopen and I hated it :(

to the OP: I think you should find a Caparison Angelus HGS :heh:

Yeah, they pretty much suck ; < (Musikshopen? You mean Musikbörsen or have I missed a store? :loco:)

Why will a neck-through be "counterproductive to what their looking for tonally"?

Well, that Jackson you found there is basically a shredder's/lead player's guitar. They are tailored to give you a cutting sound with much mids and highs while having very fast action and handling for exactly that, lead playing.

I had an alder Jackson myself with a Floyd and they are very comfortable guitars with good overall quality. BUT you want a tight metal rhythm axe, don't you?

A guitar with a mahogany body will give you more low-end, a chunkier midrange with pronounced low-mids instead of those "cutting" high mids and a much smoother high end. The tone is just rounder, more balanced.

And maple is even brighter than alder because it's such a hard wood, so having a maple neck-through will eliminate even more chunk.

Edit: Especially the EMG 81 is IMHO not a good fit at all for alder/maple bodied guitars because they transfer so little low-end in the first place.

So chances are that you get a high quality guitar, with good parts, good craftsmanship, that plays like a dream but anybody with a cheapo Les Paul and EMGs will have a fatter sound.

Haha, it gets easier on the eye : 3
About the "something good quality with humbuckers"... yeah thats kinda what I'm looking for :loco:

You've misunderstood or taken that out of context - I was referring to ESP there. If you get an (actual) ESP it'll be something high quality, and they mostly do humbucker guitars. I think yamaha might do some kind of extended scale guitar... Drop6 or something. don't know much about them.

you can't go wrong with a tun-o-matic. tun-o-matic ftw.

Well, that Jackson you found there is basically a shredder's/lead player's guitar. They are tailored to give you a cutting sound with much mids and highs while having very fast action and handling for exactly that, lead playing.

A guitar with a mahogany body will give you more low-end, a chunkier midrange with pronounced low-mids instead of those "cutting" high mids and a much smoother high end. The tone is just rounder, more balanced.

The above sums it up; bright isn't necessarily bad, but my experience with my maple neck-thru guitar was that it was bright to the point of sounding "brittle", just harsh and literally the polar opposite of chunky on rhythms, even with an 85 in the bridge (but it fucking SNARLED on leads, g'damn :headbang: ) Like I said, I'm sure there are a bunch of maple neck-thrus that aren't as bad, but from a resonance perspective, I'd much rather have one piece of mahogany resonating beautifully with a maple neck (for a little more brightness) bolted or glued to it, rather than a neck that runs through the entire body with the body wings glued on! And yeah, FYI maple and ebony are pretty much the brightest commonly-used tone woods

My favorite combination of materials is a Mahogany body with a Maple top and Mahogany/Rosewood neck - I find that this combination produces a thick tone with plenty of midrange and the Maple top adds clarity without being harsh like a solid Maple body or neck-through. It's a combination that produces a tone I like - might not be right for others but works for me.

Japanese made Jackson's are great instruments, although it's probably true their American range are even better (I don't have much experience with their American range, only their Jap made axes).
With the Floyd equipped guitars, there is no reason why they can't sustain as well as a fixed bridge if they are made well enough. I've played quite a few Japanese made Soloists that easily sustained as well as Les Pauls (which for some reason I've never totally understood, are some apparent bench mark for sustain).
That said I wouldn't hesitate to get the Caparison over the Jackson.
With the amount of after market sustain blocks on the market, you can get some serious sustain out of Floyd Rose equipped guitars these days. I've played a few guitars with Callaham sustain blocks, they sound huge and sustain like muthafuckers.

Thanks for the responses and explanations guys!
I have always thought that bolt-ons are worse than a neck-through (in the same price range).
The thing about the Caparison is that I will have to try one out (will be hard to find one...) and I won't afford it until next year, it has probably already been sold by then : (

Now I'm thinking of going dual EMG 81's btw (lead melodies rather than solo purpose), I have 60 and 85 in my other guitars (neck) and even the 85 is a bit "muddy". I won't be recording solos in quite some time and if I would, and the 81 would be to bright/thin I could just swap it with one of my other guitars...