recommend me cheap monitors please

marios.blythe

Jul 30, 2011
hello guys i decided to buy cheap studio monitors..i want little monitors and price about 80~120 euro..i found these:
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/M-Audio-Studiophile-Professional-Reference-Speakers/dp/B000SDLNKA[/ame]

but i don't know is it good? please recommend me.. thanks :)

Cannot help you with those.

Personally, I'd save up for something bigger.

But this is you, not me.

That being said - I have no issue with M-Audio products, but have only ever heard the bx5a's or whatever they are. Currently own a pair of Equator D5's and love them.

Use the custom Search function, this topic has been discussed countless times.

I got a pair of AV30s as my first monitors and to be honest they were pretty decent. Obviously they lack low end. I ended up getting some ATH-M50s and the AV30s fell by the wayside and then I got some Adams.

My advice, pay a little more and get some ATH-M50s and then when you have some more money get some better monitors.

It's not worth the price after shipping to UK, last time i checked.

In which case: I'd save up and get some equator d5's, however because they're not worth it with the shipping right now, i'm gonna save up for some adam a7x's, however this could take anything up to a year, probably longer

If you only have 120E then buy some good headphones.

I agree. If you can spot a good deal, go pawn shopping. I got my mackie MR5's for 150 USD total after checking a few of my local joints. These were my first monitors and are currently replacing my KRK rokit 8's.

Also check ebay before you do anything rash.

It's not worth the price after shipping to UK, last time i checked.

I paid shipping included and eventhough it's a shame they take so much on top of the retail price, I still think they are worth it. If however you don't want to save more, like said I would suggest good headphones, for that price you can have good used headphones.

Your best choice is saving up for a pair of alesis m1 active, you might dont even need a sub cuz it pushes lows like crazy. With the m-audio you wont be able to do anything in the low area without headphones, even if you get adopted to it. Im going for it too:)