Recommend me preamp

why change the Triaxis? Thing is pretty damn versatile, I have yet to fully explore everything mine can do and I've had it for 10 years.

I'm just 'thinking' if there is something better. I have'nt tried many preamps so perhaps i doscover another better than it.

Anyway I've noticed some slight annoying noise when hitting the strings and I'm a bit worried. I posted about this and soon I will post a clip to see if someone can tell me if it is normal or is something wrong with my rig.

fair enough ... unfortunately I probably won't be much help cause thats all I use except for my 5150 :p

I also use the Simul 2:90 poweramp and that works in conjunction with the Triaxis with the voicing switches so thats also helped create many new options of tone.

As for the noise you're talking about ... only time I ever noticed a strange noise is when a couple of my tubes started going bad. If you tap VERY lightly on the tubes while its on with a pencil or something like that and you hear a kind of chiming noise, your tubes are microphonic and need to be replaced. Other than that, yeah, a clip would help to pinpoint what the noise problem might be

I like the Soldano preamps...
a friend of mine just built a 5150 preamp which also kicks ass...
for oldschool stuff the Mesa Studio/Quad isn't bad.
The Recto preamp is good but way overpriced.

Bogner fish= awesome but unaffordable (you might find a cheap Bogner/Hafler triple giant on the bay though!)
VHT/Fryette GP3= great

As for the noise you're talking about ... only time I ever noticed a strange noise is when a couple of my tubes started going bad. If you tap VERY lightly on the tubes while its on with a pencil or something like that and you hear a kind of chiming noise, your tubes are microphonic and need to be replaced. Other than that, yeah, a clip would help to pinpoint what the noise problem might be

I changed them all.

@ Lasse thanks for your wise advice.

engl e570. Stereo output is a life saver. I own mesa studio and a mesa rectifier preamp clone. Engl 570 owns on every aspect. Therefor I decided to see the 530 too. Hmm no.. Mesa studio is better on crunch .( a tad more sweet)

As an owner of both a Triaxis and a E570, I think they can used for almost anything between crystal clean sound to modern death metal,though they have different character. So I'd say go for E570. Another option would be an Axe-Fx if you want effects and easy direct recording. Where do you wanna go sound-wise and what's your badget?

If you don't mind the hunt, a Marshall JMP-1 is pretty cool. They aren't real versatile but they nail a certain sound that I've always loved.

Another fav of mine from back in the day was the Rocktron Piranha. They are buzzy as shit but if you do your part they sound pretty cool. They need to be set like a Recto i.e. don't make extreme settings in the EQ. Very unique.

Of course, if I went to a preamp setup again today....I would probably go with the Triaxis.....

Only thing in my current rack is a G Major, power conditioner, and ISP decimator. More of a head+cab kind of guy these days with the 5150(or 6505+) and Dual Rec being the corner stone. They sound great by themselves and FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC together. Good luck.

ADA MP-1, or a Soldano SP-77, X88R.

For the price of a Triaxis, you could buy like 6 MP-1s and mod them all to different specs/sounds. Great preamp. A little on the sterile side unmodded though. I have also heard great things about the 3 Tube Mod for it, but have no personal experience with it. The best part about it is that if you're lucky, you can score a great deal on one (I got mine for $100), so you could even just try it out and sell it if you end up not liking it...

Dont expect everything will change like day and night after changing peavey. 50/50 is also a very good poweramp. There is something different with the Tiraxis. That machine is good but not 2000 k good. Neither engl 570 or 580. But soundwise you can prefer them . And I agree with the Ada lovers.Close high end quality low end money.