Triaxis Vs Marks Vs Rectos

Jevil

Pro Evolution Fucker
Apr 18, 2006
Basque Country
www.soulitude-web.com
Are there any difference between the Triaxis sound of Marks and Recto to the originals?
I own a triaxis and I wonder if a Recto sound the same as when I turn the recto channel on.
I'm very happy with the triaxis but I'm thinking about selling my triaxis and get a recto preamp... any better?

Are there any difference between the Triaxis sound of Marks and Recto to the originals?
I own a triaxis and I wonder if a Recto sound the same as when I turn the recto channel on.
I'm very happy with the triaxis but I'm thinking about selling my triaxis and get a recto preamp... any better?

A Triaxis does it best mimicking the Mark than a Recto. With the right settings, it can get real close to what the punchy Mark IV rhythm tone is known for and to a certain extent, sound artificially tighter. However it still feels like you're not playing a real amp head but a box full of IC chips. It does boil down to personal preference at the end of it.

The Triaxis does have that Recto fizz when u turn on Lead Red 1 or 2 but my experience tells me it sounds nothing like an original Recto. And I think that's largely dependant on the Recto poweramp section used.

The Recto and Triaxis are really two different creatures, my take would be if you want a Recto, get a real one. If you want a Mark, the triaxis comes really close.

A Triaxis does it best mimicking the Mark than a Recto. With the right settings, it can get real close to what the punchy Mark IV rhythm tone is known for and to a certain extent, sound artificially tighter. However it still feels like you're not playing a real amp head but a box full of IC chips. It does boil down to personal preference at the end of it.

The Triaxis does have that Recto fizz when u turn on Lead Red 1 or 2 but my experience tells me it sounds nothing like an original Recto. And I think that's largely dependant on the Recto poweramp section used.

The Recto and Triaxis are really two different creatures, my take would be if you want a Recto, get a real one. If you want a Mark, the triaxis comes really close.

+1, well said

I've owned both a couple of times and my experience is that the Triaxis with rectomod sounds like a really tight rectifier. Don't get me wrong but the rectifier is my faveamp, but comparing them together you definetly hear the Triaxis being alot tighter and the rectifier sludgy.

Then it's up to you whether you like a tight or a sludgy sound. Both are awesome. I liked the triaxis more, but I hate racks