Recommend me two of Katatonia's albums

Kazuho

New Metal Member
Aug 13, 2009
Hello fellows,
I was planning to buy two albums from Katatonia. And my question is: Which two would you recommend for me? My favourite songs are Deliberation, My Twin, Evidence and July. So I'm looking for an album which would have similiar songs to these.
Thanks,
-Kazuho

Hello fellows,
I was planning to buy two albums from Katatonia. And my question is: Which two would you recommend for me? My favourite songs are Deliberation, My Twin, Evidence and July. So I'm looking for an album which would have similiar songs to these.
Thanks,
-Kazuho

The songs you like gave me the impression that you like the cheesier (I created a new word) side of Katatonia.(Don't get me wrong they are all fantastic songs!) So I recommend you Last Fair Deal Gone Down...Second one might be Discouraged Ones...

Thanks! I'll still wait for a couple more replies to see if people recommend the same albums. :)

Last Fair Deal Gone Down is definitely a good choice. Actually any of their albums is a good choice. You mentioned 3 songs off of Great Cold Distance, so thats a good one unless you already have it.

I dunno if "cheesier" is the right word, but I'd recommend both Last Fair Deal Gone Down, and Viva Emptiness. Although like others said you did mention quite a few songs off TGCD.

Thanks for all the answers! I was thinking about TGCD by myself too, but wanted to ask the true fans first. ;)

But then you read, "So I'm looking for an album which would have similiar songs to these."

Get the Black Sessions box set. You'll find what you're looking for there.

*I know it's not a specific album but I would start there anyway.