Recommend other bands with clearly enuciated growlies

metalprof

Ken Luther
Mar 11, 2005
Valparaiso, IN
faculty.valpo.edu
I picked up the most recent Amon Amarth disc and I'm liking it a lot. One of the things that is appealing is that the vocals, while being of the growly type, are clearly enunciated and easily understood - much like Paul's. Too often, I am suspicious that death vox are used so that the singer can be excused from actually having to hit any notes. But in the rare cases like ND and AA, where the vocals modulate with the music and are easy to understand, that's not the case.

So: recommend me some other bands with death vox that are well sung, clearly enunciated, and actually pleasant to listen to!

Ken

PS. I know about Swano, too :)

check out Subterranean Masquerade, another project Paul participated in. Suspended Animation Dreams is an excellent album! I was actually a fan of SubMasq before I was of ND :) Anything going on with that project Paul?

Also check out Orphaned Land :)

Lykathea Aflame
The Old Dead Tree
Stargazer
Bolt Thrower

However, when it comes to death vox that I can understand well, Opeth comes first.

For shame people FOR SHAME - not one mention of Amorphis - The Karelian Isthmus! And even more so that no mention of At The Gates - The Red In The Sky Is Ours was made!