Recommend Something Different

What's wrong with Naked City? Zorn is awesome!

Aghora: Technical metal band with Sean Reinart and Malone from Cynic with Santiago on guitar. It's technical as fuck and has some really lush melodies.

Pan-thy-monium: Weird as hell death/grind band. Indecipherable death vocals, guitar and saxophone by Dan Swano along with additional samples. Alot of it also has ambience. It's pretty cool...

Pelican: Think Isis/Neurosis but instrumental.

Solefald: Catchy thrash/black/death riffs with unique as hell vocals. Saxophone melody lines and stuff. Contains 2 guys from Borknagar.

Ulver: How could anyone not mention Ulver?! I don't know how to describe them, they started out as folk/black but kinda evolved with electronica, ambience etc.

Elend: Symphonic music, no guitars whatsoever. It's really ambience especially their Winds Devouring Men album. Their first 3 albums have a Luciferian concept behind it. Pretty sick stuff.

Ephel Duath: fast jazz combined with drum n bass stops and alot of hardcore influence. May have started out as a black metal band but they've evolved far away from it.

Orphaned Land: A band from Israel that has its roots in melodic metal but includes growling and death metal sections. They use middle eastern instruments and fit them in perfectly. Catchy as fuck.

In the Woods: Folkish black metal with ambience.

These are mainly metal bands. I woulda included MotW and Kayo Dot but they've already been mentioned.

Nobody mention Opeth. Dont know if you know of them, but they are one of the best prog metal bands out their.

Dream Theater are also another genious band that i enjoy

Symphony X are to another great band

EternalMetal said:
Nobody mention Opeth. Dont know if you know of them, but they are one of the best prog metal bands out their.

Dream Theater are also another genious band that i enjoy

Symphony X are to another great band

Gee, I'm sure he's never heard of any of those bands before.

Disturbed4ntics said:
Gee, I'm sure he's never heard of any of those bands before.
:Smug:

thanks for the info, just recommending some bands, idk where the guy stands. so fuck off.

Half the bands mentioned are irritating novelty acts....

I recommend Portal's Seepia and Torchure's The Essence

Ephel Duath's "The Painter's Palette" album... I really like that one a lot. It falls into its own category, really unique stuff! Sort of hardcore/jazz... like was mentioned above.

You need to check out this band Gojira...like a more technical, more musical, more brutal Meshuggah depending on what song and what section is in question...just go to www.gojira-music.net and listen to either of their albums in its entirety. Also, the new Mayhem is exceptionally good and like nothing I've heard before, the beand finally learned how to use their excellent musicianship in ways that don't suck.

xxChaoticManifestoxx said:
What's wrong with Naked City? Zorn is awesome!

Indeed he is. But I think it is safe to say that when Dillinger Escape Plan is not for everyone, Naked City is for even less people to enjoy. I think Torture Garden is one of the best albums ever, but sadly I am only one of three persons I know personally who like Naked City. Well as I am considered "weird" by most people, only people who are equally "weird" enjoy Naked City...

Hmmmm......

Gordian Knot (Cool mellow instrumental stuff with some technicality to it)
Spastic Ink (More schizophrenic than the above band, pretty cool shit, instrumental and technical too)
Franz Ferdinand (Just picked up their album. Suprised that I actually liked it how much I did. Not metal, but still an interesting band to listen to)
Nick Drake (Another non-metal. Really emotional shit, often very depressive. Get Pink Moon. Just Nick singing and playing accoustic, a little keys here and there, but that's it)
Necrophagist (Chances are you've heard of them already, but if you haven't check out www.necrophagist.de )

Driven By Hatred said:
Half the bands mentioned are irritating novelty acts....

^^Definitely. I can't stand 75% of the bull mentioned here.

Question for the initial poster: Have you ever listened to any Metal outside what you named?