Recommend a band

I nearly bought LTE 2 yesterday... too expensive though. I bought a long-sleeve opeth shirt instead. I am much much happy.

Wow, that was a lot of bands to check out. I have a couple left to go, but so far I am rather enjoying Amaran. Haji's Kitchen and Prototype were really good, too. I got a question about that, Prototype, are the versions of the CDs on your website different from the ones that I can buy on mp3.com?

Sceptic sounds interesting, but that link didn't work when I tried it. Reading Zero was okay, but a little on the slow side, IMO. I'm waiting for the Into Eternity song to finish downloading. The rest I already heard.

Here's another recommendation:

Mastodon
look on Audiogalaxy for them. They only have a 5 song EP out right now, but it is excellent, IMO, and only $5 from http://shop.relapse.com (free shipping). "Technical Hardcore" would be an apt description (and I know it sounds like an oxymoron, but it's not). 2 of the guys are former members of Lethargy and Today is the Day.

Well if you want to, go check out some of my tunes. I do not have a vocalist yet, so some of the tunes may sound bare....if you want to sing...check out this site
http://infiltrator.iuma.com

anisatan02c.gif

Originally posted by Poison Godmachine
Bumblefoot!! I LOVE HAJI's KITCHEN!!!
I am a big AIC fan and I love technical guitar stuff so it's a perfect fit! Is it a diffrent singer on Syncopated?? If so I love them both!!

Posion, yeah it is a new singer :) They have 2 records out and i own them both! They rock! The first is tough to find but the second you can buy at www.amazon.com Oh and another band to check out if you like Haji's is (they are more Nu Metal, but a bit more experimental if that makes any sense... let's just say there's a lot of latin in there music at times.) Puya! They are one of my favorite bands! Groovy indeed! here is a sample of Puya i just made... i didn't include any of the latin stuff in it but this should give you a general idea of their sound.

http://bumblefoot.tripod.ca/sampler.wav

Couldn't put it in MP3 on that site, so i had to upload a shitty quality .WAV but you SHOULD get the idea! Hoo Hah!

Hey Ledmag, another OLD proggy band to check out is 'masters apprentices', they are an australian prog band from the 60's i think... Their early stuff is awesome... but their later stuff is pop-rock, so steer clear of anything new.

See if you can't find a song called 'Michael' from their 'choice cuts' album (1971). I quite like this stuff, there is subtle strange bits in this song, and there is a few awesome riffs towards the end...

I stress the fact that you should stay away from thier later stuff...!! ha ha .

:lol:

Originally posted by Trapped
Hey Ledmag, another OLD proggy band to check out is 'masters apprentices', they are an australian prog band from the 60's i think... Their early stuff is awesome... but their later stuff is pop-rock, so steer clear of anything new.

See if you can't find a song called 'Michael' from their 'choice cuts' album (1971). I quite like this stuff, there is subtle strange bits in this song, and there is a few awesome riffs towards the end...

I stress the fact that you should stay away from thier later stuff...!! ha ha .

:lol:

Will do!