the "would anyone recommend this band?' thread

Nokturnal Mortum, anyone recommend?

Deathspell Omega, anyone recommend?

Yes to Nokturnal Mortum, some of the best black metal you'll ever hear. Check out Goat Horns first, my recommendation.

Deathspell Omega, no! Deathspell Omega is some of the most evil BM ever created. One of their albums is even named "Inquistors of Satan" YUCK! Stear clear from this band at all costs.

Anyways...

Would anybody recommend Exodus, I'm thinking about checking them out.

would anybody recommend Bathory?

Would anybody recommend Moonsorrow

and last band I'm thinking about checking out, would anybody recommend Finntroll?

Blue Jay, you wouldn't like Exodus, they are thrash. which to me is a less-gay version of power metal.

In my opinion, Weltanschauung and NeChrist just aren't very good albums.
Your opinion would be wrong because Weltanschauung is fucking amazing. Have you ever heard anything like the hoedown part on the sixth song? I can't believe they made that work so well.

On another note, I'm pretty convinced now that Blue Jay is a troll. He can't be serious, can he?

Nokturnal Mortum lyrics

"jesus is the leader of sick and slaves
The disease has to be cured!
Drink the blood of jesus!
Suck the dick of christ!
Eat up your god!
Fuck his dead flesh!
The christianity must die!

The jews are fled fucking slaves
Let you be the food for my wolves!
The bastard's face is cut by the sharp thorns
It's mutilated by his own hypocrisy he's dead!
he's fucking dead!
jesus' blood
jesus' fucking blood"

:puke::puke::puke::cry::cry::cry:

Omg I listened to lyrical crap like that and didn't even know it.

I RECONCILE MY NOKTURNAL MORTUM RECOMMENDATION, SHIT BAND!!!

Goddamnit, how can a person like yourself even exist? You're clearly just an uninspired, uninvested cyber-puppet designed for someone else's amusement.

I borrowed Nokturnal Mortum - Goat Horns from a friend, and the one thing that i didn't like was the vocals, it is very low, why is that?

Just cause I don't listen to bands that have shitty satanic lyrics makes me shit. How?

you listen to Burzum, dumbass.

tell you what, sell all your metal CDs, buy some DC Talk and Newsboys records and you'll never have to hear "stupid satanic lyrics" ever again.

Just cause I don't listen to bands that have shitty satanic lyrics makes me shit. How?

Take it from me, BJ. I'm Catholic and I listen to all kinds of black metal, regardless of the lyrical content. Why? For one thing, the lyrics should have no impact on how you value the musical quality. And most importantly, GOD DOESN'T CARE WHAT KIND OF MUSIC YOU LISTEN TO.

If your faith in Christian values is strong, then listening to music with satanic lyrics will not drive you to apostasy.

Take it from me, BJ. I'm Catholic and I listen to all kinds of black metal, regardless of the lyrical content. Why? For one thing, the lyrics should have no impact on how you value the musical quality. And most importantly, GOD DOESN'T CARE WHAT KIND OF MUSIC YOU LISTEN TO.

i thought catholics werent supposed to make/listen to music that didnt praise God. i thought that was one of the things that Martin Luther crusaded against.

i thought catholics werent supposed to make/listen to music that didnt praise God. i thought that was one of the things that Martin Luther crusaded against.

If the Catholic Church retained all its mandates since the time of the Reformation, the world would be a much different place. That, and the fact that back in the time of the Reformation, the only music being written was dedicated to God. It wasn't until the Renaissance that it changed, but the Church did not actively go against that change.

If the Catholic Church retained all its mandates since the time of the Reformation, the world would be a much different place. That, and the fact that back in the time of the Reformation, the only music being written was dedicated to God. It wasn't until the Renaissance that it changed, but the Church did not actively go against that change.

excuses excuses.

Roots- would anyone recomend?
Taake- would anyone recomend?

You mean Root? Because Roots is rap/hip hop:p

IF Root, then get Zjeveni, Hell Symphony. The Book and The Temple in the Underworld. I have not heard anything else from them, but word is that all of their works are of high quality.

and last band I'm thinking about checking out, would anybody recommend Finntroll?

Don't waste your time with these guys.

Your opinion would be wrong because Weltanschauung is fucking amazing. Have you ever heard anything like the hoedown part on the sixth song? I can't believe they made that work so well.

I think Nokturnal Mortum would be infinitely better without the folk elements and in Weltanschauung I found them to be the more prominent and intrusive of the mood than in any other NM album, hence why I don't like it.