the "would anyone recommend this band?' thread

If you like Old School Death Metal in general, yes. Their best material is on the first two EPs, Ressurection Absurd and The Eternal Fall.

If you're referring to the Japanese Sabbat, fuck yes! Classic first wave styled Black Metal played with conviction and balls. Envenom, Evoke and Disembody all come highly recommended. I'm much less familiar with the UK Sabbat.

Yes. Awesome crushing Death/Doom.

An Anatomy of the Beast, yes. Highly competent melodic Death Metal (not even closely related to Gothenburg) with fantastic leads.

I thought Sabbat (Jpn) were traditional metal. I haven't heard them but I know the name.

Intestine Baalism are good and this is coming from a guy who dislikes most melo-death.

Take it from me, BJ. I'm Catholic and I listen to all kinds of black metal, regardless of the lyrical content. Why? For one thing, the lyrics should have no impact on how you value the musical quality. And most importantly, GOD DOESN'T CARE WHAT KIND OF MUSIC YOU LISTEN TO.

If your faith in Christian values is strong, then listening to music with satanic lyrics will not drive you to apostasy.

Much like Tom Araya's stance.