there are no words left
Aug 30, 2001
Oslo, Norway
blacksoul.skonux.net
Okay, I'm starting this thread cause it is usually
easier and smarter to let people recommend you
some songs/albums by a band, than just
download something.... Sometimes you get the
worst album the band has ever released etc.

But don't think you can just pop into this thread
and promote your fav band! This is where I will
go to ask questions about bands I'd like to
check out....

I'll go first; I hear a lot of talk about Moonsorrow
on this board, and I checked them out some
time back.... I felt like checking out some more
stuff by them, which album should I start with? :eek:)
http://www.moonsorrow.net/

I only have their latest album "Voimasta Ja Kunniasta" I think its a pretty good album. One of my favorite songs is the one that they made a video for that Morg mentioned the name of it is "Sankarihanta" try that one out maybe.

Originally posted by Morgana
I like that vid I have of them...
Vid? Video? A Moonsorrow video? Where? Which one? *Astarte is now curious*

edit: Hehe. I found it. I'm stupid.. you can ignore this post now :oops:

Originally posted by winter-frost
I only have their latest album "Voimasta Ja Kunniasta" I think its a pretty good album. One of my favorite songs is the one that they made a video for that Morg mentioned the name of it is "Sankarihanta" try that one out maybe.

Thanks! I will check out that one then! :eek:))

In return for my stupidity, I must say Suden Uni is quite good also but I don't want to confuse you. Try Voimasta Ja Kunniasta first, I'm sure you'll be listening to both soon anyway ;)

Actually you can't go wrong with any Moonsorrow album, although I would think Suden Uni or Voimasta ja Kunniasta is the best place to start (IMO, Voimasta is one of the best albums of 2001). My fav songs would be Aurinko ja Kuu and Sankaritarina.

Originally posted by DeadWinterDead
It was great, but I didn't understand anything!
They have translations of their lyrics on their site and in the CD booklet. Pretty good ones, I must say. I think finnish suits their music very well, as does the drunken viking choir :)

Yeah, heard Moonsorrow some days ago, liked them, as well. Nothing all too special for my ears, tho. (Perhaps cause I heard too much of this style of metal already?!?) It was their latest album, "Voimasta ja kunniasta". It's worth a listen, tho ;)

Moonsorrow is great and they use a real accordian what makes them original. You can hear that they have pleasure to play this music. I like them very much!!

What!!! he plays the accordion too??? Wow, I didn't know that. He is also a great guy because he explain how to play the mouth-harp by e-mail to me!! Man he plays a lot of instruments!!