the "would anyone recommend this band?' thread

zoidberg

Mallcore Kid
this has probally been done before, but ive decided to make a thread where people can ask about a band and see what people think about them before checking them out.

Morgoth, would you recommend them?

... and oceans, would you recommend them?

sabbat, would you recommend them?

winter, would you recommend them?

intestine ballism, would you recommend them?

Morgoth is some good old school Swedish style death metal. Somehow less abrasive than Dismemeber and Hypocrisy. Their last album, Feel Sorry for the Fanatic was more weird.

The thrash band Sabbat is good if you like that British style of thrash like Stygian, Xentrix, Forced entry, etc.

I know nothing of the black metal Sabbat.

If you like Old School Death Metal in general, yes. Their best material is on the first two EPs, Ressurection Absurd and The Eternal Fall.

If you're referring to the Japanese Sabbat, fuck yes! Classic first wave styled Black Metal played with conviction and balls. Envenom, Evoke and Disembody all come highly recommended. I'm much less familiar with the UK Sabbat.

winter, would you recommend them?

Yes. Awesome crushing Death/Doom.

intestine ballism, would you recommend them?

An Anatomy of the Beast, yes. Highly competent melodic Death Metal (not even closely related to Gothenburg) with fantastic leads.

Does anyone else think that Intestine Baalism's Anatomy of the Beast has really inconsistent production? The "wooden" drumming is pretty annoying which makes the blasting sections so bland, but the melodic parts are crystal clear. A great album, nonetheless.

yes on Winter, Intestine Baalism and Morgoth. Sabbat and And Oceans I haven't heard enough to say