Recommendation: Deadboy and the Elephantmen - If This Is Hell, Then I'm Lucky

by far ... the winning band from this weeks three ... we should have a poll on this shit also

cool, been wanting to check these dudes out. while i'm not a huge Acid Bath fan, i do really dig Dax.

oh shit Song With No Name rules really fast now doesn't it? :kickass:

this second one is sorta drab, but i'm not paying as much attention as i should. edit: okay spoke too soon, this ending is FUCKING KILLER!!!

either way, i'll be picking up something from these dudes when i get on a Dax kick, which will probably happen in July. i only have that Agents of Oblivion album, so yeah.

on second listen i'm so fucking sold on this. :kickass:

edit: look for a Fu Manelephant purchase in like 2 weeks duder. :loco:

this band does rule ... it reminds me of someone from the 80's ... some hair band ... or something ... the singer is so familiar sounding.

EDIT ... yes, they kind of remind me of this hippy hair metal bands ... like Enuff Z'nuff and Blind Melon ... with some Alice in Chains thrown in

FUCK! i actually read that earlier but your 8-ball comment laughed it all away. then i listened to them shitz, and now the pain has set in. :mad:

yes, spanx again Doosniffer. :loco:

i plan on buying those 2 Acid Bath albums someday because i know it'll be the only way i'll take them seriously. CD-Rs and mp3s can only go so far before i prematurely say "meh" and chuck them to the side.

lurch70 said:
this band does rule ... it reminds me of someone from the 80's ... some hair band ... or something ... the singer is so familiar sounding.

EDIT ... yes, they kind of remind me of this hippy hair metal bands ... like Enuff Z'nuff and Blind Melon ... with some Alice in Chains thrown in

I think I know what you're talking about. That's the direction my mind went in when I started listening but I just know the obvious comparison is eluding me.

Anyway, for some reason I didn't expect to like this but I have to say, it's pretty damned good! It's nothing I'd go ape shit over but quite cool and I'd like to hear more. If this is out of print, you'll really have to upload the rest of the album to appease us. :)

Color me fucken shocked, but I *loved* both songs here.

I believe the vocalist you guys were trying to draw comparisons to was the late Layne Staley (Alice In Chains); this Dax guy sounds JUST like him for much of that longer song.

Really good stuff though, very passionate & intense music. Which would be a best album to buy first IYO?