Recommendation: Prymary- S/T

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
Fans of Dream Theater take note. Seen these guys at a local gig about a year ago and was mighty impressed. Picked up their cd for $10 and the rest is history. Epic proggy goodness straight into your cushioned living room. Great acoustic passages, keyboard bombing, guitar work a splendor. If you can't handle pinkage and just like to hear "guur guur splat guur fart." Then stay away. If you indeed wish to hear something meaningful then proceed with caution. As you will soon find yourself spending $10 of your weekly grocery money on a piece of audiogenic nirvana. I'd go as far as placing the album in my top 20 of all time. :)

Total Running Time- 73 mins

Be aware of the long dled in track 8. The song goes for 25 mins. :heh:

prymary_album.jpg

1. Common Ground
2. Tearing Through Weakness
3. Seclusion
4. Promise
5. Remember
6. Tanglebox
7. Running to a Standstill
8. Roads of Fire

Their demo which is much more bombastic than their one and only full length can be found on myspace.

http://www.myspace.com/prymary

Wow i didn't really expect anyone to recommend this. It is a wonderfull album indeed, in the vein of D.T. , Fates Warning and Shadow Gallery. I met one of the band members at Headway 2004 (the singer if i remember correctly), pretty cool guy.

People will probably put their mouse over the thread and see "Dream Theater" and just go somewhere else. Oh well. These recommendations aren't supposed to be something everybody will like.

On behalf of myself and the guys in the band, I would really like to thank you for your enthusiasm for our CD. There was a lot of blood and sweat that went into that and we did everything ourselves without label support. This is quite possibly the best words that I have heard to describe our CD. I thank you and anyone else who gave our CD the time and effort it takes to really assimilate and understand what exactly we were trying to do. It is definitely an album that takes time to completely understand but when you do, I am positive the music and experience will be worth it.

As already stated, we are putting the finishing touches on our latest album entitled "The Tragedy Of Innocence". It is a concept album and you can all get a very rough preview of it at our MySpace page.

http://www.myspace.com/prymary

Thanks again.

Hello Christopher,

Glad to see a lurker come out of the woodwork. Keep up the good work as your blood and sweat is not in vain. Looking forward to the upcoming release. Aswell as catching you live again in the future. (Missed your last date in Huntington Beach like a tard :( )

Demilich said:
Gotta give you some credit for being daring enough to open your reco with these words :)
:lol: I actually left earlier the day just after reading that.. I will check the samples tommorow, and seei f I like it.

Hello,

I wanted to let you all know that our second album is complete and available at www.progrockrecords.com We have an official release date of October 10th when we will be supporting Kamelot and Epica at The Galaxy Theatre in California. One French reviewer already gave it a 9/10! http://www.progressive-area.com/prymary_-_the_tragedy_of_innocence.htm YEAH! Now all that work may finally pay off, lol. Feel free to contact us for any information. Look us up at Prog Power USA if any of you will be attending this year. Thanks for the support.

Cheers,:kickass:

Mike DiSarro