RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer of Might

New Metal Member
Jul 25, 2003
London, England
if someone wants to know what songs are good to check out by a band they don't know, put the band name here so people can reply.

Could cut down on various recommendation threads

e.g. "what songs should I start with by Iron Maiden"

"my dear fellow, I could be here for days listing possibilities, but for the sake of brevity let's say Hallowed be Thy Name"

Etc.

For albums I would recommend 'Punishment for Decadence' & 'No More Color' They're the only ones I've heard, but I really enjoy them. Fantastic tech-thrash.

In terms of individual songs, from Punishment For Decadence, the song 'Arc-Lite' will blow your mind.

Somebody please recommend some weird (but good) metal bands. It can be avant garde (like Arcturus, newer Ulver, Solefald, Dohiemsgard) or progressive/technical (like Necrophagist, newer Sigh), or whatever. I just love bizarre music, so tell me which bands I am missing out on!

Coroner, you want all of Punishment for Decadence and RIP.
Vio-lence all of The Eternal Nightmare.

Anyone know anything by Zarathustra (song wise that is) that is worth checking out for a starting point?

DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
Somebody please recommend some weird (but good) metal bands. It can be avant garde (like Arcturus, newer Ulver, Solefald, Dohiemsgard) or progressive/technical (like Necrophagist, newer Sigh), or whatever. I just love bizarre music, so tell me which bands I am missing out on!
Coram Lethe (weird technical dm)
Pavor (weird technical dm)
Bethlehem (original, dark blackened doom)
Necromantia (strange black metal that uses two bases and no regular guitar)
Inchiuvatu (strange and melodic symphonic folk/black metal)
Scald (strange, undescribable extreme metal. there is a now-defunct Russian power/doom metal band with the same name)
Dark Tribe (odd, unnerving black metal)
Winterblut (odd, unnerving black metal with unusual, creepy vocals)

DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
Try Atrox (if you don´t already know them), especially their album "Terrestrials" - their music is technical, complex and features the most original female vocals in metal I´ve heard so far. The music on "Terrestrials"´ predecessor "Contentum" is somewhat more mellow, yet some of the vocals are even crazier (just listen to "Lizard Dance" - if you can find the song anywhere), whereas the music on their last album "Orgasm" is more aggressive, while the vocals might be easier accessible. Also the cover artwork as well as the lyrics are absolutely original.

Mekong Delta, which have just been mentioned in another thread, could also be considered weird to a certain extent. Try them as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.