Iron Maiden respect thread

To me the real good Maiden was up to SSOASS, then a mediocre one up to FOTD and then a skipable one afterwards, although BNW is a nice album and I enjoy it.

NP: Titanium Black - 'Deep'

Oh yeah, Maiden's the band that got into heavy metal!
They're not my favorite band anymore but I'm still a rabid fanboy and get the red mist whenever anyone talks smack (or has even a slightly negative opinion) about them.:lol:

Fave albums are Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son, fave songs are too many to mention. The 90s were troubled times I have to admit but there's good stuff on every album, even the Blaze ones. I like the new reunion albums a lot too!

:kickass:

I listened to a few Metal bands before Maiden like Black Sabbath and some Motley Crue(they were considered Metal back in the 80s...), but after being brainwashed by Maiden's album covers:) and listening to 'Live After Death', I became a metal fanatic, especially a Maiden fanatic. Maiden went to shit for all of the 90s but I just try to pretend Bruce's albums 'Accident of Birth', The 'Chemical Wedding' , 'Live in Brazil', and ,Tyranny of Souls' were actually Maiden albums that came out after 7th Son and before Brave New World. That way, Maiden has a perfect track record.

maiden are my favorite band ever (since i was 7). their pic is actually in the ultimate metal old school banner somewhere... so id guess they belong here

fav album - seventh son / a matter of life and death

got almost all their albums, bunch of merchendise and their biography. So its all good. went to their gig in london 23/12/06, and i've met nicko mcbrain at a drum festival (i don't play drums, I basically went there to meet him).

Quite possibly the best band of all time if you ask me.

i was wondering where the maiden thread was too, I was gonna make one but I never use this forum for much.

so UP THE IRONS

Iron Maiden is a personal fav of mine!

Brave New World-Awesome:headbang:
Rock In RIO DVD-Awesome:headbang:
they sounded just like BNW album on 2000 U.S.A. tour!!!!!

-partial to Di'Anno material but must count "Number of the Beast"
among my all time favorites:headbang:

whoever gets to see new "Death on the Road" DVD first--give us the scoop!
relased today;tuesday,Janruary 30,2007

I still remember seeing the Number Of The Beast album in the record bins and thinking "man, I HAVE to check this out!", and then my first listen. I was absolutely BLOWN AWAY, and that album remains one of my favourites of all time by ANY band! It was Maiden that ushered me into the world of real Heavy Metal. Up to that point I was only seriously listening to KISS.

I still listen to all the early albums regularly, and the songs never sound dated. Awesome songwriting and playing by those guys!

I also go see them live whenever possible, as they always put ona great show! Of course the pinnacle was the Powerslave tour... again, I was totally blown away!

I'm really glad they're still going today, putting out new music and touring.

Cheers!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

i first heard maiden when i was 10...like 2001 i think it was, (yea, young-un). song was the trooper in a record store when it was scanned and playing by someone else who was disgusted that my generation was pulling britney spears/limp bizket off the counter...(i admit it).

great guy, great song, great band. fuckin love them. my favorite. god damn, there isn't enough praise to give you maiden.

Iron maiden were at there peak round 85-86 and slowly dropped and then became shit when seventh son came out and then fell majorly when they made X factor and Virtual XI .They then got better at brave new world and there albums is alright considering there have got older.At least there new album is actually decent unlike Metallica- St Anger -an insult to thrash fans, who loved there old albums

Powerslave is there best album and to many songs are good i dont have a fav.

Iron maiden i hope you come to OZ.

True Metal, innovators of Speed/Power Metal, all-time greats. Their career is almost flawless, even the Blaze Bayley albums are underrated masterpieces.

Like many, my first metal band was Maiden and its good to see them still going strong after all these years. Up the fucking Irons!!

I think that Virtual XI and X Factor are a medocha piece of crap,how can you say there underrated there not rated coz there bad.

Blaze Bayley did not suit maiden