Iron Maiden respect thread

he didn't really suite them, but they are underrated i think. they werent that bad. i think if it was the band now playin the same songs, appreciation of them would be higher.

that said, i cant think of a band, to my knowledge, that has been so great for so long, and with no large-scale flaws. as was said above, their career has been nearly flawless.

Glad to see some love for the newer half of albums here, I get so bored with all of these stereotypical "Good until Seventh Son" whiners. Fear Of The Dark, Brave New World & A Matter Of Life & Death are all great albums too, & the others all have their shining moments. Iron Maiden are the greatest of all time, & they've done so much more to earn that title than just milk their 20+ year old material. Up the Irons.

I think my favourite album of theirs would be Number of the Beast, can't beat it really, although Seventh Son comes pretty close. My favourite song of theirs is "Fear of the Dark". I enjoy their later albums a lot although Brave New World got old pretty fast.

I quite like some of the Blaze era stuff, "Como Estais Amigos" off Virtual XI is one of my favourite Maiden songs.

They're not particularly heavy but i love them. Maiden are probably one of the bands that got me into metal. I haven't heard any of the stuff they did with that other guy but to me they wouldn't be the same without Bruce.

Number of the Beast and Seventh Son are probably my fave albums cos i like them both from beginning to end. Powerslave is also very good but i think Back In The Village is a bit of an average song (don't like listening to the album without it, though.) :loco:

Rainmaker is a good song, has a good dual. I like the ones they've recorded recently that have quiet intros and then get louder. I particularly like The Legacy from their new album.

Talking about Powerslave, why, on the remastered version of Powerslave, is the intro to the song Powerslave on the end of Back In The Village? It's annoying when my MP3 player plays either of those tracks when I've got it on random.

Sorry, if I've bored you all to tears. :lol:

I haven't heard any of the stuff they did with that other guy but to me they wouldn't be the same without Bruce.

have u heard the Rock In Rio live dvd/album? if you have, than you at have at least heard 2 songs. Sign Of The Cross from X-Factor, and The Clansman from Virtual XI.

i really like these albums, though i will admit not all the songs are as strong in my opinion.
though, if you can spare it i would buy both. if not, see if someone you know will let you borrow em.

Anyone in the Windsor / Detroit area better get their asses out to this, this is not a show to miss:

Poster_Dianno_Windsor.gif

Thats a very cool poster there Pounding Metal:headbang:

Oh and by the way, you don't need to ask Paul Di'Anno when he's coming back to Glasgow - he's playing at King Tuts on the 1st of June - AWESOME - so I'll be seeing him then, canny wait:) !!!!

have u heard the Rock In Rio live dvd/album? if you have, than you at have at least heard 2 songs. Sign Of The Cross from X-Factor, and The Clansman from Virtual XI.

i really like these albums, though i will admit not all the songs are as strong in my opinion.
though, if you can spare it i would buy both. if not, see if someone you know will let you borrow em.

ok, thanks. Taking that into account as well, but i also meant to me it wouldn't seem the same without Bruce Dickinson's voice over the music. :)