best Iron Maiden albums

arg

Jun 4, 2008
ok so i know quite a number of Iron Maiden songs like Hallowed Be Thy Name and The Trooper (which are awesooooooommmmee), but havent done extensive research into all their albums yet... so which of their albums do you consider ABSOLUTE MUST-HAVEs and best represent this legendary band?

Iron Maiden
Killers
Number of the Beast
Piece of Mind
Powerslave
Somewhere in Time
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

AKA the first seven. Personally I think Seventh Son is a crap album, but it was my favorite when first getting into them so there's no harm in at least trying it.

1) "Piece Of Mind"
2) "Killers"
3) "Powerslave"
4) "Number Of The Beast"
5) "Somewhere In Time"
6) "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son"
7) "Iron Maiden"

Like HB said those are the ones WORTH having, the rest are for completists. Although are some good tunes in "No Praying For The Dying", "Fear Of The Dark" and "Brave New World", avoid the ones with Blaze :ill:, and the last two are booooring. Unlike HB I consider SSOASS a great album, so you can't go wrong with it. In the end is a matter of your OWN taste and your wallet ;)

So "aug" has opened this bag o' worms again :p
IMO - any Maiden from the '80s is essential... any from the '90s is highly disappointing. The 00's releases are good with a fair bit of filler... however there are a couple of my favorite IM songs of all time on Dance of Death.

Maidens top three:

-Piece Of Mind
-Somewhere In Time
-Brave New World

These releases completely vary in style but best depict the bands longevity and displays musically the different time periods that I think the band has gone through.

Number Of The Beast
Powerslave
Brave New World
Somewhere in Time
Piece of Mind
Fear Of The Dark

I SAW THEM IN COSTA RICA YEAHHHHH!!! THE BEST THING COULD EVER HAPPENED IN MY LIFE, IRON MAIDEN FOREVER

Deadline mentioned a live show and reminded me;

Maidens "Rock In Rio" (live dvd / cd) is also a must have! One of the best live metal shows you'll ever see...minus some of the over-editing.

Keep in mind AUG...all Maiden albums are worth checking out. Though, I don't see all being "must haves", and some Maiden albums are just poor, and I say this as they are one of my alltime fave bands. Going back at your post and reading what "represents the band" and "must haves" ...I endorse the three that I mentioned in my previous post even more, "represent" was the word I was looking for.

thanks for helping this n00b out. :worship:

now where's my wallet...:erk:

:headbang:

all the above and then I must add A matter of life and death...this album is loved by some and despised by others but myself I found it a fantastic production from start to finish!

thanks for helping this n00b out. :worship:

now where's my wallet...:erk:

:headbang:

No need to rush, one advanteage of Maiden is that their albums have a very good availability, so you can go little by little, lasercd.com just had a sale of remasters so go and check there.

1. KILLERS
2. SEVENTH SON OF A SEVENTH SON
3. IRON MAIDEN

By the way, it´s not exactly about the topic but just now I had to be seeing Maiden at Metalway Festival but yesterday after Ted Nugent played it came a storm that damaged and broke the most of the festival equipment. I saw Maiden in Graspop but I missed the first six songs because of the EuroCup Soccer final match (once Spain wins anything in soccer I couldn´t miss it). I guess I´ll never see "Churchill speech", "Aces high" and "Wasted years" :cry:

P.S: Yes, in sunny Spain a summer festival suspended due to storm and rain :loco: Where are you now Al Gore?

Now thats a loyal (soccer) fan...congrats on the Euro Cup, even though you beat my Italy on the way!:mad:

btw: Steve Harris is a bigtime soccer guy and I think he plays at a fairly competative level.:kickass:

Now thats a loyal (soccer) fan...congrats on the Euro Cup, even though you beat my Italy on the way!:mad:

btw: Steve Harris is a bigtime soccer guy and I think he plays at a fairly competative level.:kickass:

Thanks!!! :kickass: It was amazing. In one of the stages 100 spaniards "against" more than a 1000 germans. We chanted far more that them. Sorry for Maiden (normally I waited until today for the whole show) but this could be "once in a lifetime". We won basketball, handball, cycling, Formula 1,... but soccer! The king of sports here! A lot from teams like Real Madrid, FC Barcelona, but national team, just in 1964.

After the match, I went to the main stage when the one and only Bruce Dickinson gave the congrats to the spanish people in the festival. :worship: