recommendations

s2_rock

New Metal Member
Jun 4, 2004
knoxville, tn
i haven't found any new bands i've liked in the last few months so i just wanted to know what other bands you like.

just to get some ideas.

please don't list bands that are known by pretty much everyone like in flames, tool, etc...

I've recently heard a few Agathodaimon songs. They're growing on me, but I don't know if their albums are any good. It's basically just symphonic black metal in the vein of Emperor. Nothing like Dimmu Borgir (maybe old) or Cradle of Filth, just heavily keyboard influenced black metal.

Come on... a better description of your tastes wouldnt hurt.
Anyway

Psycroptic
Astriaal
Windir
Ragnarok
The Legion
Absu (the album "Tara" is brilliant)
Agalloch
Destroyer 666

Yes, try some VINTERSORG and also try HAGGARD (I think these ones come from Germany, is a 17 people band and they play some "metal classical music"). It could be somewhat a refreshing band for you. I've fallen in love with DRACONIAN (check this only if you like some My Dying Bride -they've got a female singer, too-). I know these three bands have got very different styles, but you didn't say in the post what kind of music you like...

TV for the Radio...its a couple of dudes who mix complex droning keyboards, looped drum samples, and an ocasional guitar into a dreamy, just....awesome atmosphere...then sing the most beautiful, almost folk-like melodies. defininetly original.

don't know who they are...i will have to check them out. you should try tv on the radio regardless. they make some pretty amazing music. listen to desperate youth and bloodthirsty babes. just really strange music.

You've probably heard of Burzum... it's the one man black metal project of Varg Vikerness... whom I'm sure you can read about elsewhere.

Anyway, feel like posting a link? I cant seem to find anything about these 'TV for the Radio' guys.

Some of my favorites latley have been Manowar (Kings of Metal), Rhapsody (I Love their Image), Thy Majestie (Very Original Band), Six Feet Under (Death Metal Champions), Hammerfall (Most Complex Band) and Majestic (Innovative and Creative Metal).

If you listen to these bands your a fuckin fuckhead. You probably do listen to them you asshole. goddamn you. go fuckin die.

get some new enslaved and listen to it, turn it up loud like you dont give a shit
then get some Sigh and crank it up more, rock your fuckin socks off till your dead on the floor
then get some mushrooms and take 4 grams, put in King Crimson or listen to some jazz
if you want some beats than listen to the roots, but if you only like metal, than FUCK YOU

This band isnt' metal but they are really really good. Tenhi; they are very folk like and use a lot of different instruments to that nature. It's almost sort of tribal in a way. Very good, check them out.