recommendations?

... their latest album.. cant remember the name.. and seriously.

the guy cant sing...

Ashes against the grain?

It's true that the guy can't sing, the clean vocals are terrible, but the growls are good. Anyways, the music is so good that such minor details can easily be dismissed :)

Doesn't anyone listen to Bal-Sagoth anymore? Or Entombed? I would have expected such great bands to come up in this thread, since people have been so far listing just about everything imaginable.

well i thought, it was just about new material and so..in that case ,just listen esoteric,my dying bride, old theatre of tragedy, old evereve,old lacrimas profundere,feiled,deicide's new album is just amazing,blah blah blah ----

Isis
Novembers Doom
Woods Of Ypres
Novembre
Daylight Dies
Agalloch
Jesu
Mastodon
Morgion
Klimt 1918
Moonspell
Red Sparowes
Rapture
Neurosis
Pelican

All bands that I have been listening to nonstop that I recomend to anyone, I know a lot were mentioned but hopefully it will further prove how good those bands are!

Novembers Doom!!!!!!!! :lol:

You will see me pimp these guys a lot as I love them.
Their last release was THE PALE HAUNT DEPARTURE (The End Records)

Great death / doom. Perfect mix of clean vocals and growls.

I think a fan of both Katatonia and Daylight Dies would dig them lots.

Haha, you and me both. Can't wait for February 20th.

even though trivium sucks cock...still i think that they are d0ing better than metallica nowadays....

Well it would not be enough if I thank u a thousand times for this...dude you made my day!!!I haven't felt like this since I first listened to Katatonia...These fellas from Egypt,o god I don't know what to say,they're just as good as Katatonia.Simply will be my second fave band!Everyone must check it out

well, at least the albumcovers and the bandlogo look EXACTLY the same...
I'll check them out to judge if that's a good thing or a bad thing...

edit: It's pretty much a bad thing... The songs arent bad, but I just can't take it very seriously, because it's really exactly like Katatonia...
It's too pretentious, in my eyes... same guitar-sounds and the typical katatonia type of riffs, etc.

Well it would not be enough if I thank u a thousand times for this...dude you made my day!!!I haven't felt like this since I first listened to Katatonia...These fellas from Egypt,o god I don't know what to say,they're just as good as Katatonia.Simply will be my second fave band!Everyone must check it out

that's the biggest kata rip off ever

ohh shit you MUST !SHOULD! OUGHT! to listen monokromia ...specially the song for myself..dude i just found out about two awesome bands this week, this is getting better

I know it's a rip off especially very similar to TD and DO...but I don't care cos this is what I've been looking for...Some TD riffs and those brilliant leads...It doesn't disturb me it's just the music I like and yess the song For Myself is a damn good song!!!Especially the last part of it...It reminds me of Had to leave a lil bit...

monoKromIA hahaha.. the bands name is certainly a rip off but you must be smoking the crack if you think this is as good as katatonia. The crack I say!!!