Looking for Katatonic music...HELP!!!

Divatkreació said:
How about Khoma? Second wave is astonishing.

And I recommend you to try Jinn's website www.darkdose.com , I've found lots of great music there :p

I can't believe no one has mentioned Novembre! That's a band that can't let you down if you look for this kind of music. Try Novembrine waltz or Materia and if a bit more death metallish :)p ) atmosphere doesn't matter you should definitely try Classica.

Jinn´s website??? You mean Jesse´s.... right?!

And yes, www.darkdose.com is very recommended site!

Divatkreaci&#243 said:
How about Khoma? Second wave is astonishing.

And I recommend you to try Jinn's website www.darkdose.com , I've found lots of great music there :p

I can't believe no one has mentioned Novembre! That's a band that can't let you down if you look for this kind of music. Try Novembrine waltz or Materia and if a bit more death metallish :)p ) atmosphere doesn't matter you should definitely try Classica.
novembre is a must especially the new cd materia.

K-tonic said:
Jinn´s website??? You mean Jesse´s.... right?!

And yes, www.darkdose.com is very recommended site!

Well... I might be wrong but I think Jesse's name here is Jinn am I correct? Anyway, i think that site is just great and it's cool that there exists that kinds of websites. Would want to hear other sites like that too. Oh and I know http://lupatarkastaja.blogspot.com/ too, but it's partially in finnish only.

DREDG--EL CIELO
OF THE WAND AND THE MOON-ANY ALBUM
OLD LACRIMAS PROFUNDERE
OLD EVEREVE
OCTOBER TIDE

KittyKatatonia said:
They sound like Brave. It's just light chick rock, nothing original there.

That's true, I've heard only a song but it sounds like avril lavigne meets the corrs or something. I don't know If I'm to hurry to critisize the band, but their sound isn't really that special, it could be easily played on a mainstream radio station and be just another catchy, smash hit. And, it's not too close to Katatonia's sound, I didn't notice anything really depressing or deep.

If you're looking for stuff like newer Anathema/Katatonia:
Klimt 1918
Room With A View
En Declin (If you like Opeth's "Damnation", you'll enjoy this one).
Manes' "Vilosophe"

For stuff like mid-era Katatonia/My Dying Bride, make sure to check out Forest of Shadows' "Where Dreams Turn to Dust".

Androz said:
Not the same style but maybe Green Carnation

I second Green Carnation, amazing band! Light of Day..., A Blessing In Disguise and Acoustic Verses are all fantastic. Great live band too.