Looking for some recommendations on dark, sombre, emotional music

dill_the_devil said:
Yeah, been meaning to check that album out since I got sent Materia - by all reports NW is far superior, and I'm digging on Materia at the moment as it is!

Dill -- off topic, but are you gonna be around London this summer? I'm coming over.

J. said:
honestly, JayK, try checking out latter day Neurosis, especially A Sun That Never Sets and Eye of Every Storm. Dark, dreery, none of the osis-isms of Through Silver in Blood.
I didn't even think of those, excellent recommendations.

The middle section of the title track The Eye Of Every Storm sounds like the bottom of the Sarlacc. :kickass:

sarlacc.jpg

JayKeeley said:
It's nice stuff spaffe, but it's all acoustic.....and 2 out of the 3 downloads aren't MP3s.... :erk: Thanks though.

Uhm, that's pretty odd since they were when I uploaded them. But just add the .mp3 extension and it should be fine

spaffe said:
Uhm, that's pretty odd since they were when I uploaded them. But just add the .mp3 extension and it should be fine

Yeah, they were coming through as text files. OK I'll change the extension.

dill_the_devil said:
Sadly, nope - London's around a four-and-a-half hour's drive from where I live, a journey that's made more difficult by the fact that I can't drive. :) Russell lives round those parts though!

Have you ever heard of this secret organization?

NADatar said:
Must mean you're going to poop on a religious site again. :loco:

pics plz

Heh, actually I'm going to London Temple from Da Vinci code, and I'm going to poop in a knight's tomb and leave my marlboro box calling card.

Awesome! Hey I just started The Da Vinci code the other day, pretty much what I expected: decent story, ho-hum writing.

I like the concept so far. It's probably good for my brain to read something simple for a change. A man can't live on Finnegans Wake alone.

Well I mean, he could, but then he'd turn into Black Winter Day:

justina.jpg

JayKeeley said:
my holy visit.

What, so you expect me to hop on a train for four-to-five hours to welcome your ass?

Okay, when do you arrive? I might be able to book a week off work, I know the other half fancies a shopping trip in London, and Russell's already made the mistake of offering me a place to kip and an Asian cinema DVD night if I'm ever in London... :D