I need some Doom recommendations

I have "Slow Transcending Agony" by this band and it is AMAZING. The track "L'ateraxie" pretty much dominates ridiculously.

I know!!!
That track is so fucking heavy! :headbang:

I was actually thinking about Funeral Hymn though, but L'ataraxie is awesome aswell.

So have you heard Necare then? Overlooked band. Ruin is so amazing. I was hoping they would release another album soon but i just saw that the band has split up. :(

Funeral Saturnus Funeral Celestiial Funeral Asunder Funeral Mournful Congregation Funeral Solitude Aeturnus Funeral dISEMBOWELMENT Funeral Early Anathema Funeral Agalloch Funeral

I'd also like to mention Funeral.

I already mentioned them in post 17. :)

Very, very obscure? Well... They do mix other styles with the doom style, but I don't know if they're THAT obscure... Everything is relative I guess. :) Good band non the less.

yeah i couldnt find a better word to describe them. i guess they came out kinda wrong. should i have said "eccentric" maybe? i mean this band utilizes so many different things from different genres...one moment im listening to proper doom death and a rock n roll guitar solo in another. especially the forest of equilibrium album is really obscure in that sense.

Thanks, I'll try it out.

And yes, this album just kicked my ass. I like his growling, often sounds to me like Mike's early growls only without the echo.
Good! They have a new album out called "Hope", it's amazing. Anyway, you can't go wrong with any of their albums.

"Morning never Came" is absolutely an excellent album. What stands our for me is the beautiful guitar work and melodies. That's the strongest point of the album. The growls are good, they just get a little monotenous after awhile.

yeah i couldnt find a better word to describe them. i guess they came out kinda wrong. should i have said "eccentric" maybe? i mean this band utilizes so many different things from different genres...one moment im listening to proper doom death and a rock n roll guitar solo in another. especially the forest of equilibrium album is really obscure in that sense.

*nod* I hear ya. :)