Khanate
Esoteric
Green Carnation
Aghora
Portal(US)
Portal(AUS)
The Meads of Asphodel
In the Woods...

Himinbjorg is pretty good. Sort of like a more upbeat version of Ulver. Listen to their song "Death of a King" for a good introduction.

xxChaoticManifestoxx said:
Portal(US)
Portal(AUS)
What are the american Portal like?

And I must say it's a bad idea recommending the aussie Portal... certainly isnt something you could get into easily :erk:. Fucken great though.

ShroudOfDusk said:
What are the american Portal like?

And I must say it's a bad idea recommending the aussie Portal... certainly isnt something you could get into easily :erk:. Fucken great though.

Well, when Sean Malone left Cynic to proceed with his Gordion Knot project, the rest of the members decided to team up with a female vocalist and hire another bassist(not quite sure of his name) and release a jazz/avantgarde album under a different band name. It was a demo, and had no real metal bits at all. This band was called Portal. They then broke up and Sean Reinart and Sean Malone helped out Santiago to release Aghora - Aghora.

Kayo Dot
Isis
Ulver
Agalloch
Katatonia
King Crimson
Slipknots Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat album (God they've gone downhill like no other band)
Esoteric
Mastodon
Sigh (Check these guys out, they're crazy Japanese psychadelic black metal. Just don't listen to it on any drug because you will probably die.)
Emperor
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Leonard Cohen
Nick Cave
Andromeda
NonExist

This should keep you busy for a while.

Lake Of Tears
Darkthrone
Bloodbath
Mayhem
Carpathian Forest
My Dying Bride
Gorgoroth.

These bands are really good.

Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway is a GREAT album
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue; very mellow, quite a departure for me after listening to death metal
Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick and Aqualung

I know these are hardly in the metal vein, just the type of thing I have been listening to lately.

Rejvk said:
King Crimson
Sigh (Check these guys out, they're crazy Japanese psychadelic black metal. Just don't listen to it on any drug because you will probably die.)
Nick Cave
KING CRIMSON??!?!?!? WHHHHAAAT???? thats fuckin rediculous. i love king crimson

dont listen to Sigh on any drugs?!?!?!?! WHHHAAATTT???? thats fuckin rediculous. sigh on mushrooms is nifty as fuck

NICK CAVE?!?!?!?! thats cool.

you should check out Ephel Duath. theyre a gem in a world of average metal music