Recommended Albums

mattt

Yes.
Feb 4, 2002
Hello all, I know no one really cares about what I have to say but I thought I would post this anyway. Here is some recently released albums that I highly recommend

SOLEFALD 'In Harmonia Universali'
Many websites call this band 'Post Black Metal Avant Garde Prog Metal' and I know it sounds like bullshit but that is a pretty good description. This album is mind blowing. The use of Saxaphone is awesome too.

NEHEMAH 'Shadows From The Past' - Excellent old school black metal from France. Excellent songs, includes a video of their cover of a Bathory cover.

POISONBLACK 'Escapextasy' This has been out for a while now but it fucking rocks! Excellent gothic metal featuring members of Sentenced and Charon. Get it ya bastards

MAPLE CROSS 'Next Chapter' Brilliant Album! A bit like a mix of trash, death, 80's hard rock and even a tad of hardcore. 'Next Chapter' is fucking awesome![/

CENTAUR 'Shadows In My Head' Excellent thrash/death from Western Australia! This shit just makes you want to headbang. Awesome E.P.! Has a video too!

:headbang:

A recent release I recommend is Talon's self titled debut. It is just awesome! If you like good straight forward melodic hard rock/metal you can't go wrong! Excellent vocals (sounds abit like Sebastian's clean stuff eg. his voice in I Remember You), ultra-melodic guitar harmonies and vocal melodies, big catchy choruses, strong riffs and excellent lead guitars... just great! Sounds like a mix of the classic eras of Dokken, Winger, Bon Jovi and Scorpions with touches of newer Pink Cream 69 and perhaps early Skid Row too.

The power-ballad "Holding You Soon" is awesome! Woulda been a big hit 10 years earlier.

Here is a clip of the opening track Wrecking Ball.. DOWNLOAD IT! http://users.bigpond.com/mystman/Talon-WreckingBall(Clip).mp3

(By the way, it sucks that there isn't an option for text links anymore!)

Haupassia said:
CENTAUR 'Shadows In My Head' Excellent thrash/death from Western Australia! This shit just makes you want to headbang. Awesome E.P.! Has a video too!

Centaur are having their Shadows In My Head EP launch this Saturday night at the Globe here in Perth... Scourge will be playing in support, so if any of you would like to make the trip over... hehe

'Post Black Metal Avant Garde Prog Metal' rawks! The intro sounds like a classic guitar album, and the sax (even if it is a synth) give the sax break a real jazzy sound (once it gets started. I don't like the start of the sax bit). The organs give it Baroque sound as well. It sounds like the sorta album I'd listen to whenI can't decide what I want to listen to. Once I get back on track I'm gonna hafta track this one down.

Everyone should get Transcendence by Crimson Glory. Brilliant album way ahead of its time when it was released back in 88 I think. Power/prog kind of vibe before it was around, but doesnt sound crap like so many of todays power metal bands :D

Blitzkrieg said:
I heard that you were playing that gig on 'Full Metal Racket' Coops. Come play in Melb and I will be there with bells on.....lots of them. /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

We're working on it... maybe later in the year. Have to record and release the EP first.