Are there any albums you consider "perfect?"

I can't see anything wrong with HYPOCRISY's self-titled.... it's the most original album ever written, it has awesome lyrics, variety, mixes and unleashed anger with sorrowful parts, it's just... well, perfect.

and I know most of you kvlt maggots will disagree, but KORN's debut album is also pretty perfect.

Toad Lord said:
I can't see anything wrong with HYPOCRISY's self-titled.... it's the most original album ever written, it has awesome lyrics, variety, mixes and unleashed anger with sorrowful parts, it's just... well, perfect.

and I know most of you kvlt maggots will disagree, but KORN's debut album is also pretty perfect.

Stop calling us maggots :erk: . And yes, I agree the s/t comes pretty close...

I also sort of agree with Ex-Cally-Boo for mentioning Agalloch's The Mantle. However, there are a few minor things about both albums that bug me and I can't let them be perfect.

Teh Grimarse said:
in case you werent aware, any inclusion of "korn teh RULEZ!" in a post automatically renders all other opinions in same post obsolete.

just fyi.

Thanx for the information but I had been into metal long enough to know already that Nu-Metal is usually not-welcome among metalheads.... Good for you if feel so comfortable listening to "true" Metal (that I certainly also enjoy) but just let me tell you that you're missing something good avoiding KORN and other good bands of their kind.

Susperia said:
^ Of all of Hypocrisy's albums.. Why would you pick that one??

Oh was I supposed to list more than one of Hypocrisy's perfect albums?

-Abducted
-s/t
-Into the Abyss
-The Arrival

Carcassian said:
"Gothic" is OK, but the gem in the crown of Paradise Lost must surely be "Shades of God".

Utter belligerance and depression set to music. Awesome stuff.

For a shorter, inferior version, try "Brave Murder Day"

I'll have to get Shades of God...their first album Lost Paradise was great.
I couldn't get into their Gothic album though.It seemed to lack some of their Doom element.

i would add to the near-perfect list:::Six Feet Under-Haunted:::

Yeah, well... I would have said

Abducted
The Final Chapter
s/t

As more likely candidates for a perfect album. The Arrival bored me... Other than a couple songs.

evil miscreant said:
I'll have to get Shades of God...their first album Lost Paradise was great.
I couldn't get into their Gothic album though.It seemed to lack some of their Doom element.

i would add to the near-perfect list:::Six Feet Under-Haunted:::

SFU?? Perfect?? As in perfectly redundant and worthless?

BTW Shades of God is the jewel in the crown for sure!!