Perfect Metal Albums?

:OMG: remission is some awesome sludge/thrash (dunno how else to describe it)

what did you dislike about it? where strides the behemoth is br0000000000000000000000000000000000tal

Deicide-The Stench of Redemption
Emperor-In The Nightside Eclipse
Nile-Annihilation of The Wicked
Morbid Angel-Covenant, though I feel that Nar Msttaru being placed in a weird slot next to the last song, still a great album.

what did you dislike about it? where strides the behemoth is br0000000000000000000000000000000000tal
Where strides is a killer song along w/ the new track they just made a video for, but Im struggling to get into them. Gimme some highlight songs off of Blood Mountain and Ill give it another spin.

The songwriting fucking sucks. Even the band admits it. I listen to Mastodon for the songwriting.

s114140.jpg

:Smokin: :Smokin: :Smokin: :Smokin: :Smokin: :headbang:

jeez man, there is alot more to mastodon than catchy, straight-forward crowd - pleasers like "iron tusk"

do you only like music that gives you instant gratification?

jeez man, there is alot more to mastodon than catchy, straight-forward crowd - pleasers like "iron tusk"

do you only like music that gives you instant gratification?[/QUOTE
I tend to judge after I fully listen to something...not just some cockmunch who has the "fuck that, this sucks" mantality right away. These guys have to grow on you thats 4 sure. I really dont understand these buttfucks who keep on saying "if you like Opeth...you'll LOVE Mastodon!" Doesnt make a lick of sense. Its Like comparing an asshole to a snatch

one of their weakest songs IMO, way too simplistic/straight - forward

There's nothing wrong with that, songs don't have to be complex and cycle through several keys to be interesting; i.e. Immortal's "Battles in the North", which is pretty much one long song with about six different riff cycles and about two or three tempo changes. Fucking awesome album, though. :kickass:

Nile-Annhilation of the wicked.this album is quite perfect balance of all of niles key elements, i think.Dimmu Borigr, Stormblast. nuff' said.haha fuck man there is alot of good stuff around, thats why i hate these kind of threads! jk btw, but an emperor album is probably up there on my list too, and necrophagist epitaph

There's nothing wrong with that, songs don't have to be complex and cycle through several keys to be interesting; i.e. Immortal's "Battles in the North", which is pretty much one long song with about six different riff cycles and about two or three tempo changes. Fucking awesome album, though. :kickass:
Same thing w/ Immortal's-tyrants...simple yet crushing track

closest to perfect for me are:

Garden Of Shadows - Oracle Moon
Amon Amarth - Once Sent From The Golden Hall
Amon Amarth - With Oden On Our Side
Cult Of Luna - Somewhere Along The Highway
Fields Of Jena - In Onirica
Mourning Beloveth - Dust
Mourning Beloveth - The Sullen Sulcus
Opeth - Blackwater Park
Opeth - My Arms, Your Hearse
Vesperian Sorrow - Psychotic Sculpture