Perfect Metal Albums?

Thoth-Amon

Hypochondriac
Apr 4, 2006
What albums do you consider to be perfect in the realm of metal? If you have any "unusual" choices why do you consider them to be perfect? Mine are pretty standard and I can only think of seven right now:
Metallica- Master of Puppets
Slayer- Reign in Blood
Mercyful Fate- Melissa; Don't Break the Oath
Burzum- Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
Bathory- Hammerheart
King Diamond- Abigail

What are you choices for perfect metal albums? Please forgive me if this thread has been done before. :cool:

behemoth - zus kia cultus

perfect on every level, songwriting, drumming, riffs, vocals

judas priest - painkiller
metallica - ride the lightning (outside of understandable production issues)
opeth - blackwater park

ride the lightning doesn't have good production, well not for today standards anyways, The album is perfect outside of that

edit: production is actually a negligible issue, but since this is a thread about "perfection"...

ride the lightning doesn't have good production, well not for today standards anyways, The album is perfect outside of that

edit: production is actually a negligible issue, but since this is a thread about "perfection"...

True... but I think tracks 5 and 6 are slightly weak so... its imperfect in my book and just a little behind MOP.
Also, I've never herad Zos Kia Cultus... though I've been wanting to for the longest time.

True... but I think tracks 5 and 6 are slightly weak so... its imperfect in my book and just a little behind MOP.
Also, I've never herad Zos Kia Cultus... though I've been wanting to for the longest time.

[youtube]A73rV5v2dvc&mode=related&search=[/youtube]

quite possibly one of the most crushing/br00tal albums you will ever hear

Cradle Of Filth - Dusk...And Her Embrace

:lol: :lol: and this guy makes fun of me for liking "onset of putrefaction", one of the best death metal albums released since 1999

Shit song imo

yea, no comparison to the br000000tal guitars of cradle of filth :lol:

Yeah I've heard that one before... pretty good... nice 'scenery' in the video too... :lol:

it's prolly one of the weaker songs on the album. Let there be is my favorite song

:lol: :lol: and this guy makes fun of me for liking "onset of putrefaction", one of the best death metal albums released since 1999

Actually I love that album... one of the best faux-black metal albums ever, though I hate their new albums. I could care less if they are considered shit by most people.

ok, it's just that understandable means clear, so I assumed you were saying that RTL has clear production and thats what makes it bad.

I actually think it does have good production, even by todays standards. Like Thoth said Trapped and Escape are kinda week so I woulnt call it perfect, it is very good though. Reign in Blood is almost perfect excpet i think that reborn and epidemic are not so great songs.

that's cool, I just can't believe that he would bash me for my music taste in liking (early) necrophagist, when he listens to killswitch engage and cradle of filth

Dän;6035416 said:
ok, it's just that understandable means clear, so I assumed you were saying that RTL has clear production and thats what makes it bad.

I actually think it does have good production, even by todays standards. Like Thoth said Trapped and Escape are kinda week so I woulnt call it perfect, it is very good though. Reign in Blood is almost perfect excpet i think that reborn and epidemic are not so great songs.

reign in blood is awesome all the way through, it's very close to perfect for me, but the solos get really irritating sometimes

Two things to address:

1. Thought I was on ignore, again? Faggot.
2. Clearly you've never listened to the album.

And let's get one thing straight. I don't "make fun of you" for liking Onset. You can like whatever album you want. It's fine and dandy with me. I don't flame anyone for their own taste in music. I make fun of you because you have a tendancy to take something and exaggerate it by an infinite amount and make it out to be something it's not. Which is what you did when the original argument about Necrophagist was conceived.